• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What kind of headcanons do you have for your town?

Before Mitzi moved, i swore her and lolly had an "under-wraps" relationship, 9/10 i did errands for them i waa giving things they borrowed from eachother back or gifts and at least once a week id see them having a conversation and they walked away singing and cheery after each one, and they just look oh so adorable together anyways

Before Mitzi moved, i swore her and lolly had an "under-wraps" relationship, 9/10 i did errands for them i waa giving things they borrowed from eachother back or gifts and at least once a week id see them having a conversation and they walked away singing and cheery after each one, and they just look oh so adorable together anyways

Ohh that's honestly so precious! I totally ship it haha. Seems they got along very well -emoji eyes-
Thanks for sharing. ^^

I have this headcanon that the villagers are actually forest spirits that are protecting the mayor from malicious spirits that could bring them to harm, hence why everything is centered around the mayor of the town..because the town does not actually exist without the mayor being there.

when it comes to other players its more or less them gathering kids that may of wandered too close to the outer edge of the spirit village so to speak, and when villagers leave they are moving away to check on the other safety barrier towns they haven't been to, to make sure there are no malicious spirits in those ones since the one they are leaving is in good hands.

However, this also means there are these villages filled with spirits with not so nice intentions out there as well.

but thats my own personal headcanon.

while, on the other hand, my sister just thinks ACNL is a bunch of furries moving out in the woods together to make their own freedom town where one unfortunate soul just accidentally moved there.

I like to think that Baabara and Wendy are good friends, there's also the fact that Wendy moved in right next to her even when there was another spot she could've gone.. ^-^

Muffy is a hustler (heh) and she's also a tough cookie, giving tips on how to fight. I also like how she doesn't get along with Diana, but makes an effort to know her. The other day she told me about how her stereo broke, and Diana fixed it for her!

Wendy totally has a crush on my second villager, Raiden. She's always talking about how she's too shy to talk to him but she thinks they would make a good pair haha. But it's kinda sad because Raiden really liked Nana and still isn't over her having moved out..

Knox is the uncle that takes care of everyone. He's sent Raiden clothes, and also my mayor furniture. He's a cool chicken :)

I have this headcanon that the villagers are actually forest spirits that are protecting the mayor from malicious spirits that could bring them to harm, hence why everything is centered around the mayor of the town..because the town does not actually exist without the mayor being there.

when it comes to other players its more or less them gathering kids that may of wandered too close to the outer edge of the spirit village so to speak, and when villagers leave they are moving away to check on the other safety barrier towns they haven't been to, to make sure there are no malicious spirits in those ones since the one they are leaving is in good hands.

However, this also means there are these villages filled with spirits with not so nice intentions out there as well.

but thats my own personal headcanon.

while, on the other hand, my sister just thinks ACNL is a bunch of furries moving out in the woods together to make their own freedom town where one unfortunate soul just accidentally moved there.

Whoa! That's actually so cool, I love this whole magical, supernatural thing you have going on. The villagers being spirits and protectors is really interesting! I like how yo have an idea for everything like the other players and the villagers moving away, it seems well thought out. ^^

I like to think that Baabara and Wendy are good friends, there's also the fact that Wendy moved in right next to her even when there was another spot she could've gone.. ^-^

Muffy is a hustler (heh) and she's also a tough cookie, giving tips on how to fight. I also like how she doesn't get along with Diana, but makes an effort to know her. The other day she told me about how her stereo broke, and Diana fixed it for her!

Wendy totally has a crush on my second villager, Raiden. She's always talking about how she's too shy to talk to him but she thinks they would make a good pair haha. But it's kinda sad because Raiden really liked Nana and still isn't over her having moved out..

Knox is the uncle that takes care of everyone. He's sent Raiden clothes, and also my mayor furniture. He's a cool chicken :)

Aww! Yes best friends are good, I love it. Ah man I had Muffy and didn't really like her tbh but I really like the personality you have going on for her here, and her relationship with Diana is interesting! At least they don't despise each others guts, amirite?
Oh man though that kinda hurts my heart,, poor Raiden and Wendy. :') Wendy seems really precious, and I feel you Raiden haha, it's hard to see villagers you like move out.
Ohh yes there's always that one kind of figure for everyone, haha!

Ive never really thought of any headcanons

It's never too late to try if it's something that interests you!

Last edited:
So I started reading this book called Mort(e) by Robert Repino. In the book, ants released a hormone into the environment that turned ordinary pets into anthropomorphic warriers, so they could fight in the war against the evil humans and save their home planet.

Now, hear me out: What if this what happened in the AC universe? What if the other animals overthrew the ants and took pity on the surviving humans, but allowed only the children to live, so they could teach them the importance of nature? And our mayors in the game are a select few, chosen children who have embraced the animals' teachings, which led to them being given a role in the government?

ok so i've been thinking..
gruff lives right next to me, and whenever i start up my game he walks up to the front of my house before i've even done anything. basically what i'm trying to say is that gruff is my animal boyfriend, also i've kind of decided that he's trans like me lol. i imagine that wherever he used to live, everybody kind of shunned him and kicked him out because of his identity, so he moved to my town to find new friends. that might sound kind of lame but its rly comforting to me lol

So I started reading this book called Mort(e) by Robert Repino. In the book, ants released a hormone into the environment that turned ordinary pets into anthropomorphic warriers, so they could fight in the war against the evil humans and save their home planet.

Now, hear me out: What if this what happened in the AC universe? What if the other animals overthrew the ants and took pity on the surviving humans, but allowed only the children to live, so they could teach them the importance of nature? And our mayors in the game are a select few, chosen children who have embraced the animals' teachings, which led to them being given a role in the government?

Whoa that's dark, twisted and very interesting tbh :0
That book though damn,, there's so much creativity going on no doubt haha.
It's interesting to tie it on ACNL, too! Thank you for sharing. :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

ok so i've been thinking..
gruff lives right next to me, and whenever i start up my game he walks up to the front of my house before i've even done anything. basically what i'm trying to say is that gruff is my animal boyfriend, also i've kind of decided that he's trans like me lol. i imagine that wherever he used to live, everybody kind of shunned him and kicked him out because of his identity, so he moved to my town to find new friends. that might sound kind of lame but its rly comforting to me lol

Aww I really like that! And hey it's okay, when I first joined this forum, I made a thread asking people which villager they considered their lover, so you wouldn't be the only one haha.
poor Gruff though oh man ;; he's had it rough, it seems. And no it's not lame at all, really! I'm glad you shared this on here haha.

I was able to plant cherry trees in my town because Moose sent me some of the extra cherries that he got from his grandma in the mail- so I got this idea that his grandparents own a cherry orchard, and he has fond memories of visiting them when he was a kid, and his grandma making cherry pie for him ^u^ I also like to think that he's a big James Bond fan, since his house kinda has that "secret agent" feel to it :)

O'Hare and Carmen are dating, as well as Moose and Bree ^u^

Agnes and Carmen are best friends that enjoy roasting each other :p Since Agnes is always comparing Carmen to fish and Carmen is always comparing Agnes to bugs, I like to think that they sometimes call each other by the semi-affectionate nicknames of "fish face" and "bug breath" XD

I was able to plant cherry trees in my town because Moose sent me some of the extra cherries that he got from his grandma in the mail- so I got this idea that his grandparents own a cherry orchard, and he has fond memories of visiting them when he was a kid, and his grandma making cherry pie for him ^u^ I also like to think that he's a big James Bond fan, since his house kinda has that "secret agent" feel to it :)

O'Hare and Carmen are dating, as well as Moose and Bree ^u^

Agnes and Carmen are best friends that enjoy roasting each other :p Since Agnes is always comparing Carmen to fish and Carmen is always comparing Agnes to bugs, I like to think that they sometimes call each other by the semi-affectionate nicknames of "fish face" and "bug breath" XD

Aww that's honestly so precious! I've never thought of something like that (like when villagers gift you fruit). That's such a lovely headcanon. *v* It makes me wanna develop my villagers' backstories and such. I always say I will but I'm lazy and have no ideas phaha.

Aww, that's cute. :0 Tbh I don't think any of my villagers are dating except Keaton and Dotty (as I said, Keaton moved out but they're in a long distant relationship).

Oh man yessss the roasting, I love it. And oh my god do they actually? That's hilarious, as well as "fish face" and "bug breath" nicknames lol.

Aww that's honestly so precious! I've never thought of something like that (like when villagers gift you fruit). That's such a lovely headcanon. *v* It makes me wanna develop my villagers' backstories and such. I always say I will but I'm lazy and have no ideas phaha.

Aww, that's cute. :0 Tbh I don't think any of my villagers are dating except Keaton and Dotty (as I said, Keaton moved out but they're in a long distant relationship).

Oh man yessss the roasting, I love it. And oh my god do they actually? That's hilarious, as well as "fish face" and "bug breath" nicknames lol.

Aww, thanks so much! ^u^ And the silly nicknames are just something I came up with, but they actually do compare each other to fish and bugs XD

WVW69j8vN_YxG9SRgo

WVW69j-W7J0bJCBGQg

In the little town of Harmony...

• The town is built on an incredibly magical bit of land, and occasionally you can see elements of that Old Magic poking through... mostly in the strange stone in the eastern woods.
  • Mayor Princess Cinder is a magical girl. Her presence in town is bringing the magic back and bringing the town back to life, as proven by the reappearance of the mystical Jacob's Ladder flowers.
  • Bud is the one placing all the pitfalls. Princess Cinder hasn't caught him yet but she will, damn it.
  • Sylvana is the best at wrestling. This is based on something Agnes told me. Given that we have a bear, a pig, a wolf and a LION in town, that's fairly impressive.
  • Sylvana is also up to something. She's always asking Cinder to get her things to research. Cinder is worried.
  • Marshal wants to be friends with everyone, but after an incident with Bud, he's become a little more withdrawn...
  • Pinky thinks she's the one who's REALLY in charge of Harmony, as an advisor pulling the strings. Princess Cinder thinks this is nonsense. In reality? Isabelle's the one in charge.
  • Buzz is the guy everyone goes to when they're upset. He's just a good listener.
  • The bamboo is sentient due to magic. It is also incredibly stupid, and never spawns in a place that it can grow in.
  • Fauna likes to garden because she likes eating the flowers.

Last edited:
Aww, thanks so much! ^u^ And the silly nicknames are just something I came up with, but they actually do compare each other to fish and bugs XD

WVW69j8vN_YxG9SRgo

WVW69j-W7J0bJCBGQg

Oh yeah I knew that haha, but it's so funny that they actually say that about each other phaha, those screenshots are so funny, rip Agnes.

- - - Post Merge - - -

In the little town of Harmony...

• The town is built on an incredibly magical bit of land, and occasionally you can see elements of that Old Magic poking through... mostly in the strange stone in the eastern woods.
  • Mayor Princess Cinder is a magical girl. Her presence in town is bringing the magic back and bringing the town back to life, as proven by the reappearance of the mystical Jacob's Ladder flowers.
  • Bud is the one placing all the pitfalls. Princess Cinder hasn't caught him yet but she will, damn it.
  • Sylvana is the best at wrestling. This is based on something Agnes told me. Given that we have a bear, a pig, a wolf and a LION in town, that's fairly impressive.
  • Sylvana is also up to something. She's always asking Cinder to get her things to research. Cinder is worried.
  • Marshal wants to be friends with everyone, but after an incident with Bud, he's become a little more withdrawn...
  • Pinky thinks she's the one who's REALLY in charge of Harmony, as an advisor pulling the strings. Princess Cinder thinks this is nonsense. In reality? Isabelle's the one in charge.
  • Buzz is the guy everyone goes to when they're upset. He's just a good listener.
  • The bamboo is sentient due to magic. It is also incredibly stupid, and never spawns in a place that it can grow in.
  • Fauna likes to garden because she likes eating the flowers.

Whoa that's a lot of facts haha I love it! The last one had me laughing, Fauna gardening only to eat the flowers... pfff. Sylvana being the best fighter too, that's definitely impressive. xD She's a strong little ferret. And I can't help but be curious about what happened between Marshal and Bud -eye emoji-

Back