• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Being dirt poor in this game is a drag

HappyTails

On Indefinite Hiatus
Orange 🍊
Coconut 🥥
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
So many things to pay off and buy with no money. It's like my real life all over again.

Good thing making money is easy, time consuming but easy. Unless you trade meow coupons for bells, something I don't do.

Ahaha the good ol' days of hunting for expensive beetles and sharks on the island (':

ive seen a lot of people build a town just for the bells then restart their town to get a decent amount of bells. Its not bad and allows you to make a second town with funds which helps in decoration and pwp

Ahaha the good ol' days of hunting for expensive beetles and sharks on the island (':

LOL yeah when they decide to actually spawn lol. I have to go tonight. I spent a lot of bells to renovate my museum. *sigh*

- - - Post Merge - - -

ive seen a lot of people build a town just for the bells then restart their town to get a decent amount of bells. Its not bad and allows you to make a second town with funds which helps in decoration and pwp

That's when people want to restart. I'm not restarting. I'm sure I'll eventually have a lot of bells in this town but I'm only 2 weeks into this town. It's a struggles lol

- - - Post Merge - - -

I feel like earning meow coupons is actually way harder than earning bells

That's true. Especially the weekly initiatives. They stick around even if you complete them, making earning coupons considerably slow and the daily initiatives don't give out as much coupons as the weekly initiatives.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Especially when you suck at beetle hunting T.T

Yeah, I'm not that great at sneaking up to them and I'm impatient lol

LOL yeah when they decide to actually spawn lol. I have to go tonight. I spent a lot of bells to renovate my museum. *sigh*

- - - Post Merge - - -

That's when people want to restart. I'm not restarting. I'm sure I'll eventually have a lot of bells in this town but I'm only 2 weeks into this town. It's a struggles lol

- - - Post Merge - - -

That's true. Especially the weekly initiatives. They stick around even if you complete them, making earning coupons considerably slow and the daily initiatives don't give out as much coupons as the weekly initiatives.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Yeah, I'm not that great at sneaking up to them and I'm impatient lol

I can give you some bells if you want. c:

I agree, there's people with billions of bells and the max I've ever had at once is like 300,000 lol

Right now I think i have 68 bells in one of my towns... neat

Can't complain though, making bells is a lot easier than the original game... Jeez that game was difficult to make money in!

I can give you some bells if you want. c:

Thank you so much for offering but no thank you. I'm trying to earn everything myself without buying it (or getting it for free) from other people.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I agree, there's people with billions of bells and the max I've ever had at once is like 300,000 lol

Right now I think i have 68 bells in one of my towns... neat

Can't complain though, making bells is a lot easier than the original game... Jeez that game was difficult to make money in!

68 bells? Wow, that's a hefty bank there LOL, right now, I only have 77,000 bells. Yeah that's probably not dirt poor but it is when you are trying to build a lighthouse that cost around 300,000 bells and a house loan that's also around 300,000 bells.

Especially when you suck at beetle hunting T.T

To make beetle hunting easier carry a shell in your pocket. If you catch the beetle drop the shell and than use it as a mark for when to stop. Test it a few times to make sure it works and than bury the shell. There will be a star on the ground as your new marker.

For the golden stag walk slow and go into stalk mode using the A button.

My favorite way to earn money is through turnips. I made 9 mil a few days ago when my sell price was at 550 or so

I remember those days when the game was first released. Spent an hour on the island getting two baskets full of bugs to sell before the store closed for the night. I loved when it was premium day and Goliath Beetles were on the board. Those are easy to catch and give you double.

I've now moved on to perfect fruit and turnip selling in other players towns.

To make beetle hunting easier carry a shell in your pocket. If you catch the beetle drop the shell and than use it as a mark for when to stop. Test it a few times to make sure it works and than bury the shell. There will be a star on the ground as your new marker.

For the golden stag walk slow and go into stalk mode using the A button.

Omg, thank you for the wonderful advice! :blush:

Yeah I'm rich only because I traded tbt for beold a long time ago. I wish I had worked harder for my money but I really do enjoy how I'm playing it. I just take breaks from time to time

Yes. It does stink. But once you have the island open, it is so easy to make money! I love going beetle hunting there. I can make 300,000 bells fairly painlessly. I sure wish there was an easier way to earn MEOW currency.

Beetle and shark hunting are how most get their bells...but I can't really say it's super easy. It's definitely guaranteed, yes, but you're going to be putting in the time. Each tour hunt can last anywhere between an hour or more. I guess after doing hunting for so many times, I kind of grown sick of it lol. But it's your best bet.

Back