Blue Hybrid Pansy
Pink Hybrid Cosmos
Purple Violet
Yellow Lily
Red Rose
Yellow Tulip
White Pansy
Red Pansy
So, months ago when I first moved her in she moved right over all of my perfect apple trees, stole Clyde's shirt and spread it all around town, and also stole Clyde's catchphrase and spread it around. She would /not/ move. It took months in real life time with lots of time traveling and a full amiibo town before she would move naturally (I didn't want someone moving in her spot because it was awful).

Finally I got my town perfect, everyone where I wanted them including Maddie, I plot reset her and she wasn't spreading anything around. I even gave her rainbow flowers all around her house. It was all so nice..

Some of you may have seen I was questioning whether or not a should delete my side characters, well I deleted side character number one and made a new one. While I was time traveling to be able to use the QR scanner, Maddie packed up and moved. Without telling my mayor despite me getting on my mayor's character and running around town every few days of time traveling looking for a ping for this very reason. I didn't want anyone to move. I'm so upset. I finally finished putting down all my paths but now i'm going to have to go back and put random patterns all over my town /again/ so I can get Maddie back in where I want her. Honestly I'm debating not having her in my town because of how much trouble she has given me.

Two questions..

1. Do you think I should forgive Maddie and move her back in? (she is a dreamie I love her design and everything she says) Or should I move someone else in?

2. Did you ever love a villager then they destroy your town and now you dislike them?

1. Honestly any villager could give you trouble like this. I know it's interesting to think of villagers as having a mind of their own and having feelings for your player not those kinds of feelings ew but the truth is that they're all programmed in the game the same way, regardless of personality. I think that if you like Maddie enough then you should let her back in your town. You just have to be more careful and watch out for dumb stuff that villagers can do when they're moving out/in.

2. I have never had one of my favorite villagers destroy a part of my town, but I have had them move into a spot I initially didn't want them to go. I always find a way to accommodate them, though.

Last edited:
1. I believe you should. This is kind of like breaking the 4th wall but as stated above, villagers are all programmed to do and say things regardless of looks and personality—so even your most favourite villager ever could or could've had the potential to do all these things Maddie did. Plus you like Maddie!

2. No—I've had villagers move into bad spots like Bones moving into the worst spot ever (in between a river and cliff that was narrow and destroyed tonnes of stuff) but I worked around his house. And since I really like him I eventually just got used to his spot.

It makes sense to believe all villagers choose their house plots in your town and may do things out of their own will that you'd prefer them not to do, it's just the game programming their house location at random, and their actions, not the actual villager.

At the same time I do really hate it when villagers move into bad spots—I've reset my town once before because a really good villager moved into a horrendous spot, so I do understand your situation, and it seems like you're really stressed.

Maybe set a reminder on your phone to plot reset for her house if you do decide to get her back? Good luck! :)

1) No video game character is worth all this annoyance and trouble to be completely honest with you. If she's giving you this much trouble, it's really not worth the headache to move her back. Especially if she's the ONLY one giving you this much trouble.

2) No. Villagers have plotted spots that usually end up bugging me later, but as for destroying my town, no that's never happened.

Also, I think this game knows what bugs people and makes sure to do those very things.

Last edited:
Honestly if it happened to me I would have just moved in someone else out of anger but I know if I did that, then later on I would regret having not moved in a dreamie, despite her giving me such a hard time. Actually, something similar happened to me, though not as bad, I had been moving in Fang, however I when I went over to another town to ask him to move in, I had done it on the same day a Pate was packed up, I forgot about it and he kept moving into her spot which as directly in front of the train stating and I wanted to put paths there so I didn't want anyone moving in, I had made several spots where I would like my incoming villagers to move in yet he kept staying in Pate's old spot. I was so frustrated I actually thought of just having him move in and then kicking him out because I was in no mood to do that. But now that I'm calmed down, I really love and appreciate him, so even if Maddie is a pain in the butt, I think you should still give her a chance. :)

Back