Monster Hunter

DCYUKI

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Hi! Who here plays Monster Hunter? My question is why did you play that game and ehat is you favorite thing about the Monster Hunter franchise? :)

Last edited:
I started with Monster Hunter Generations (shame I had no idea of the series prior) and it was definitely the fact that you could play as and dress up cats that sold it to me. Not to mention the strange and interesting concepts and biology they come up with for the monsters. It's hard to resist so many cool dragon designs too.

I haven'y played it but I really want to :) It just seems a little difficult to start... I may start with Stories though :)

This is the type of content I want to see!!

I only got into the game purely by luck. I wanted a 3DS XL for when New Leaf came out, but I hated the red/blue designs because they were mixed with black, and I really just wanted a plain black one. Long behold, they accounted a full black 3DS XL for Australia, but it's bundles exclusive with Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate. Usually bundles here are horrible, but this one was only $10 more than if you were just going to buy a 3DS XL outright, so I decided to buy the bundle, because if I hated the game, it was only $10 lost. But holy mother of lord Jesus the game was fantastic. I loved it so much I even bought a Wii U and the Wii U version solely for the online play (I also got the Wii U in a bundle that as insanely good value, too).
Since then I've played every single main series title that's released in the west since 3U, and I've also gone back to play Freedom Unite and Tri. I really don't give a **** about Monster Hunter World and I'll always see the title as a spin off, no matter how much they try to push it as main series. I'm eagerly waiting for them to announce Double Cross for the west, and also looking forward to playing Stories, but I don't think I'll like that as much as the main series.
It's a really good series to get into where you can literally get 300+ gameplay hours, and it's certainly my favourite game franchise. If anyone wants to try get into the series, I'd recommend starting with 4 Ultimate - it's probably the most tutorial friendly, but also has the most content. I understand the game isn't for everyone, but I wish a lot more people played; it really is a fantastic franchise.

I started out with Monster Hunter Generations.
The only reason I got it was because all my brothers were playing it and I wanted to join in the fun lol. Although I've had it for about a year now i'm still a noob. If anyone thinking of getting the game you deffo should! Its a blast and had many funny moments playing the game.

This is the order I have played them in so far: 3U -> 4 -> 4G ->4U -> Airou village DX (Similar to ACNL) -> FU -> X -> XX. Then I will play these: -> XX switch ver -> MHW. I love the series and I cannot wait for the future instalments. The community online is kind of mixed but hey it's a variety you could say! For me 3U was the best but XX had the most content in my opinion. I have played MHX more than any other one. And II would like to play frontier one day but we shall see.

This is the type of content I want to see!!

I only got into the game purely by luck. I wanted a 3DS XL for when New Leaf came out, but I hated the red/blue designs because they were mixed with black, and I really just wanted a plain black one. Long behold, they accounted a full black 3DS XL for Australia, but it's bundles exclusive with Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate. Usually bundles here are horrible, but this one was only $10 more than if you were just going to buy a 3DS XL outright, so I decided to buy the bundle, because if I hated the game, it was only $10 lost. But holy mother of lord Jesus the game was fantastic. I loved it so much I even bought a Wii U and the Wii U version solely for the online play (I also got the Wii U in a bundle that as insanely good value, too).
Since then I've played every single main series title that's released in the west since 3U, and I've also gone back to play Freedom Unite and Tri. I really don't give a **** about Monster Hunter World and I'll always see the title as a spin off, no matter how much they try to push it as main series. I'm eagerly waiting for them to announce Double Cross for the west, and also looking forward to playing Stories, but I don't think I'll like that as much as the main series.
It's a really good series to get into where you can literally get 300+ gameplay hours, and it's certainly my favourite game franchise. If anyone wants to try get into the series, I'd recommend starting with 4 Ultimate - it's probably the most tutorial friendly, but also has the most content. I understand the game isn't for everyone, but I wish a lot more people played; it really is a fantastic franchise.

Me too! I started first when a friend of mine INSISTED that I play this game. It's really addictive and the hours you put in playing MH is really hard labor :)

Personally MH world isn't for me either. Why did tgey have to make a MH game for the PS?! I'm still waitjng for MHXX! :)

My boyfriend bought me MH4U so we could have a game to play together over the summer, and I love it! It's a franchise I've always been interested in, and the game did not disappoint. I love the Moofahs, I wish there were more merchandise for them!

What class does everyone play as? I mostly use dual blades, but I'll switch over to crossbow for specific missions. :)

My boyfriend bought me MH4U so we could have a game to play together over the summer, and I love it! It's a franchise I've always been interested in, and the game did not disappoint. I love the Moofahs, I wish there were more merchandise for them!

What class does everyone play as? I mostly use dual blades, but I'll switch over to crossbow for specific missions. :)

In 3U I played the Sword and Shield until I got up to G Rank, where I started using the Switch Axe. I then also started making Hunting Horns which I fell in love with, but oddly enough I barely touched them outside of 3U. I then made a new profile where I solely used the Light Bow Gun. When 4U came along, I started using the Charge Blade, alongside the SA and LBG. Generations I basically stuck to the same three weapons.

I've only been using the Switch Axe, Charge Blade and Light Bow Gun since 4U came out, but I'd really love to go back into using a variety of weapons (especially the Hunting Horn). The only weapons I can not use at all are the Lances and Bow.

Back