• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Skinny Repeal (Yes, it's Obamacare related)

Do you support the skinny ACA repeal?

• Yes

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters

Alolan_Apples

Apple Imperialist
Bells
Switch
1624-3778-0694
Perfect Apple
Perfect Apple
Perfect Apple
Perfect Apple
Perfect Apple
Apple (Fruit)
Apple (Fruit)
Apple (Fruit)
Apple (Fruit)
Apple (Fruit)
After the Senate failed to pass the American Healthcare Act and the Better Reconciliation Act (both being repeal and replace solutions to the Affordable Care Act, also known as Obamacare) as the repeal without replacement wouldn't even pass, they came up with another plan, known as the "skinny repeal". Here's what it will actually do:

- Repeal the Individual Mandate
- Repeal the Employer Insurance Mandate
- Repeal taxes on medical devices

However, the healthcare exchanges, tax subsidies, the Obamacare enrollment, and Medicaid Expansion will still be in effect, which the Grand Old Party (the Republican Party) couldn't even agree on how to repeal them. Some say that the AHCA and BRCA are like Obamacare while other say we need a national healthcare system.

Do you support repealing these three provisions of Obamacare? Or are you still against the repeal?

My opinion:

I'm in favor of repealing it entirely, but if there's anything I want gone first, it would be those three provisions the skinny repeal wants out. First of all, the Individual Mandate is a 9th Amendment violation. Nobody should be required to own something as part of being an American citizen. It says that you need to own health insurance or be fined $300 a month or 2% of your income, whichever is greater. Not everybody could afford insurance, and fines are too much of a burden. Not only it's not fair, but it's un-American to force people to own something as part of being a citizen. For the Employer Mandate, it's not just harsh on fast food chains, restaurant chains, retail chains, and small businesses, but employers shouldn't be required to provide anything other than wages for their employees. If an employer doesn't pay anything for their employees, that's a problem. But if an employer doesn't provide health insurance, car insurance, medical prescriptions, or anything employees can get anywhere out of work, that's okay. They don't need to provide anything other than salaries. Plus, the mandate is not really going to get employers to pay for insurance. What actually happens is that some businesses (I'm looking at you Papa John's and Olive Garden) are cutting back full time jobs and replacing them with part time jobs to get away with paying for fines or insurance. So not only they couldn't really get insurance from employers, but they couldn't even get full-time jobs. And I believe the change in worker hours done by employers is retroactive.

AGREEEEEEEEEED

The system sucks anyway. It is so unaffordable even if you do have it! It's ridiculous!

AGREEEEEEEEEED

The system sucks anyway. It is so unaffordable even if you do have it! It's ridiculous!

Five years ago, I called the PPACA (Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act) the PIUCA (Patient Insecurity and Unaffordable Care Act), as ACA is UCA. That's what the ACA is. It's the UCA. I hear that if it actually gets repealed, healthcare prices drop in general, but people still couldn't afford it when they are poor. Having socialized medicine will only make healthcare prices to go up.

I'm also hoping that Lisa Murkowski gets fired from the senate. She voted for the repeal back in 2015, but now she's against even the skinny repeal. I'm now speculating that she is a traitor. If you're a republican supporting Obamacare (or any form of socialized medicine), you're hardly a republican at all.

Back