• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

I need to get rid of some furniture in Zell's house

Mu~

🧸
Bells
Green Christmas Stocking
Tin Robot
Matryoshka Doll
Holiday Candy Cane 2020
Christmas Candy
Poptart Easter Egg
He has a kotatsu and a bug on it, is there any way I can make him get rid of them?

I've found that getting rid of stuff on top of stuff is really hard. A sure way to get rid of that bug is to wait until he asks to replace it (which might be a rare request unfortunately) and then give him the replacement gift while you're in his house. He'll switch out the item in front of you. Otherwise your best bet is to just keep sending him furniture you like. There's no guarantee he'll replace the one you want though. I tried for ages to get rid of something in Beau's house and he ended up chucking his music player and now it's so awkward and quiet, I might as well catch him a cricket.

I've found that getting rid of stuff on top of stuff is really hard. A sure way to get rid of that bug is to wait until he asks to replace it (which might be a rare request unfortunately) and then give him the replacement gift while you're in his house. He'll switch out the item in front of you. Otherwise your best bet is to just keep sending him furniture you like. There's no guarantee he'll replace the one you want though. I tried for ages to get rid of something in Beau's house and he ended up chucking his music player and now it's so awkward and quiet, I might as well catch him a cricket.
But how about the kotatsu? Will having something on top of it make it more difficult to replace? Because it doesn't match the rest of his furniture.

Oh hmmm that may be even harder. You could try and make an appointment to visit his house and buy the bug off him (if he'll part with it... for some reason acnl villagers love their damn bugs), and then try and buy the kotatsu on another visit if you're trying to get rid of the items completely. If not I would just try to send him a 4-square item that is big enough to replace the Kotatsu. Maybe he'll chuck the bug away with it. Sorry I may not be the best person to answer this actually, I gave up trying to fix their houses long ago lol.

Usually if you can find another four square furniture piece, it can chuck away the unwanted piece. But let's say Zells layout has two four square furniture pieces, either might be replaced. So that can be tricky.

So let's say you gift Zell a large tea table. Zell replaces the kotatsu with the tea table but keeps his bug. I would wait until he want to replace the bug because there's a chance you give him a cup of tea, well Mr. Grasshopper has some tea too.

The bug might be the hardest to replace.

I feel your pain. Bonbon's house has become an absolute disaster - even she says so, when I visit! I'm on a full-scale mission to make it a little more presentable.

Back