What's your favorite K-pop groups?

Can't say I'm into kpop but BLACKPINK could come up on shuffle and I wouldn't be mad about it

The K-pop fandom always intimidates me because they're all so passionate about who they like and I'm kinda new to it so I feel like I can't really say I'm a fan of k-pop because I will not know the names of all the members or know any lyrics to the songs, I just know listening to the music makes me happy and that it's so catchy I'll hum it constantly through out the day.

But if I have to pick some of my favorite groups it would have to be: BTS, Blackpink, Red Velvet, Twice, and Seventeen

Hmm SHINee, Big Bang, EXO are the only ones that I can/bothered to recognize every member so probs those ones. Although I was rly into U-Kiss, bts, vixx, and 2NE1 at a certain point

I like a ton of groups ;-;

Girls Generation (sica included), 2NE1, 4 Minute, Red Velvet, BlackPink, NCT, EXID, Ladies' Code, Big Bang, and literally so much more

I do enjoy listening to SHINEE and BTS. I don't wanna be in the ARMY cause I find some of the fans obnoxious.

PSY is the way to go!
Who doesn't like the most popular music video in YT? :3

Ahhh, so many groups~ BTS is all time favourite group. But favourite groups are Wanna One, ASTRO, Hotshot(STAN TALENT, STAN HOTSHOT,) NCT, SHINee, Seventeen, Nu'est, and Red Velvet. I like Black Pink, but never really got into them. I really like Girl's Generation vocals, but their music isn't really my style. (Even though he's a soloist, I want to mention One. 10/10)

irrelevant but I made bank selling off all my kpop albums on eBay this summer (I knew those days in the fandom were worth something!!)

nowadays I only listen to AOMG lol

I'm an old K-pop fan. I used to have quite a few but these days I only follow SHINee, group stuff and what they're doing as individuals. Jonghyun is my favorite. :D

The K-pop fandom always intimidates me because they're all so passionate about who they like and I'm kinda new to it so I feel like I can't really say I'm a fan of k-pop because I will not know the names of all the members or know any lyrics to the songs.

That's why I don't even bother with some Asian pop fandoms or their music much.. Some are really rabid and demands you to know everyone, their birthdays and their stupid "bias" fan thing.

Only one I've really hears is SNSD and yeah I don't like those kind of dance pop factory made things so eh..

I was SUPER into K-Pop from the 5th grade to the 8th.
My favorite groups are B.A.P (I still listen to them from time to time), Beast (or B2st), SHINee, Afterschool (AND ORANGE CARAMEL), B1A4, EXO, BTS, Block B, and a whole lot more I actually sort of forgot existed look.
I feel like K-Pop has changed so much since then and I try so hard to get back into it but I really can't :( There are still tons of good groups and songs that I do like, I just can't find the emotional strength to STAN a group again D:

When I was 14 I was obsessed with Super Junior because I had a huge crush on one of the members :x I also liked Big Bang, 2NE1, and CNBLUE

I love bts, got7, shinee,Big Bang, kard, monsta x,exo,twice
And a lot of others. The fandoms can be a bit extra but I'm here for the music but I was lucky to find a group of ppl that I can be friends. With

Shinee and f(x) are my top faves. I saw Shinee when they came to Toronto earlier this year. It was amazing, I never thought I'd be able to go to a full Shinee concert, and then it just happened. I also like INFINITE, Wonder Girls, Apink, Sistar, B1A4, and random songs from others that are catchy.

The K-pop fandom always intimidates me because they're all so passionate about who they like and I'm kinda new to it so I feel like I can't really say I'm a fan of k-pop because I will not know the names of all the members or know any lyrics to the songs, I just know listening to the music makes me happy and that it's so catchy I'll hum it constantly through out the day.

But if I have to pick some of my favorite groups it would have to be: BTS, Blackpink, Red Velvet, Twice, and Seventeen

Honestly, yeah. It's entirely valid to just like K-pop songs and not know all the members/lyrics to all the groups/songs you listen to. It's not a reasonable expectation, and anyone who would make you feel bad about it is immature.

2NE1 is the best, both the Korean and Japanese versions of their songs are great.
PSY is the way to go!
Who doesn't like the most popular music video in YT? :3
It isn't the most viewed anymore. Not even the second most viewed. Rip.

I know of many groups because my friend is a mega kpopper (if that's even a word), but I myself only listen to BTS. Got7 is cool too though.

Last edited:
A little off-topic, but I had a maths teacher at some point who would put on some K-pop stuff for the last five minutes of each period. Then he set up a prayer space at some point. Anyway, I don't know exactly what K-pop stuff he was into, but the music videos had Korean people in them.

I was really into Big Bang, Super Junior, SHINee, DBSK, D-NA, MBLAQ, 2NE1, etc back when I was 17-19. Of newer groups I really like NU'EST.

While I'm not really in the loop on K-pop anymore (that industry moves so fast!) I am going to see G-Dragon next month. :blush:

Last edited:
Back