• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Should I Delete My Side Characters?

Who should I delete?

• Delete Both

Votes: 12 66.7%
  • Delete 1

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Delete 2

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Keep Both It's Not Worth It

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Bells
Blue Hybrid Violet
Pink Hybrid Lily
Blue Hybrid Pansy
Pink Hybrid Cosmos
Purple Violet
Yellow Lily
Red Rose
Yellow Tulip
White Pansy
Red Pansy
So in Magnolia I have to side characters I will refer to them as 1 and 2. I use them for paths and to decorate their homes. When I made them I wasn't sure if I even wanted to have side characters so I named them random things, made them have random faces, and plotted their houses wherever. I can't decide if I should just accept the bad choices or if I should delete them and create new characters.

1: Bad name, not the worst face ever, is holding majority of my paths, house is right in front of my playground and i'm afraid if I update it fully it'll block some of the playground. I don't have an ideal place to put her house and I cant scoot it forward bc the river is in front of it. It would be a lot of work to fix my paths if I deleted her.

2: God awful name, not the worst face ever, holding a lot of paths but mostly beach paths which would be easy to replace if I got a new character, house is actually not in an awful spot but i'd probably scoot it back a little, would not be too much effort to fix the patterns i'd lose.

What do you think? If I delete both i'd delete them one at a time. Lemme know what you think is worth it.

I would go ahead and delete character 1 because it sounds like the character is in a bad spot. However, I would fix the paths as much as you can before deleting the character so that you don't have instant regret when you delete the character. I would probably go ahead and delete character 2 as well and not even give it a second thought since you don't seem to have any strong reasons for keeping him or her.

I would delete them both, and start over. Give them names and faces you like. It might take awhile to recreate them and put in new paths, but you'll be happier with your game in the long run. Plus, it will give you something to do.

I went through this dilemma as well. I had a character whose house, prior to update, was in an okay place. But after the update, her house was annoyingly right in front of the campground .___. She had my path and was my extra storage as well. I eventually deleted her and ended up redoing my paths. I'm so much happier now! Yeah putting my path back together was annoying, but it wasn't more annoying than having a house with a character I didn't care for in a terrible place ^-^

- - - Post Merge - - -

I think you should delete both but not both at all! Slowly put back your path before you delete the characters ^^

Last edited:
I think you should delete both 1 and 2 because I had the same "wanting to reset" situation in my old town, my map was horrendous, my Town Name was dumb, but I already put too much effort into it to reset. The longer I resisted on resetting, the worse I saw my town looking. It got to a point when I just didn't care anymore and reset. Now I'm way happier in my new town.

Basically, the fact that these characters bother you on something you can't change, like their names and face, is just something you won't be fully happy about unless you reset.

If you ever feel like it bugs you then just delete it. You'll always have that small voice that will tell you that it's annoying and no matter how you try you'll probably eventually hate it—every time I have something that bugs me in town I'll just delete my town and I don't regret it.

Just delete them both. I went through this too with my first town. I named my side character Moog (after moog synthesizers, seriously). He had an awful house placement and I grew to resent him because I never actually used him for anything other than a storage unit but his house blocked off what would have been a nice area in town for a PWP. You'll slowly work towards making better characters with better faces and names so why not start now. :>

Back