• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Frustrated because I have no Spotpasses...

mitzi_crossing

🌼🌿🌼
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Blue Hybrid Pansy
Red Cosmos
White Cosmos
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Spring Shamrock
Ancient Candle
Pumpkin Cupcake
Cherry (Fruit)
Pear (Fruit)
I have 0 Spotpasses for ACNL and therefore no houses to view in the Happy Home Showcase. It's so frustrating because I know I'll never get any of the badges, not even the bronze one.

And what's interesting is I don't even live in an underpopulated area or anything. I guess not many people play ACNL here anymore.

Anyone else have this issue? :/

I mean we're talking about a 5 year old game. It's only natural that not many people play anymore as sucky as that is ;__; I haven't gotten many new Spotpasses at all either. Most of my Spotpass houses are from a year or two ago lol.

Ahh 4 years ago I got loads of streetpasses, especially because there was a gamestop on the way to school lol. I was getting 10 a day maybe... I managed to get a silver badge for it. Now I've moved and there's literally none here. I also restarted my town(s) so I'm in the same boat as you.

I'm sad too - you know why?

Because:

1. Regular New Leaf StreetPass houses on people's cartridges without the Welcome Amiibo update will not show up as StreetPass houses. I used to get a few around town. It was so fun.

2. Almost all BestBuy locations, Ruby Tuesday locations and most McDonalds have changed from AT&T wifi Aka Nintendo Zone.

I totally understand what you're saying!

I miss StreetPass. I truly do.

If you have a second copy and a second ds , you can get spotpass from yourself. Though it's fun and surprising to get it from random people. I seldom get any though.

I've gotten one or two walking around campus, but my main time to score passes is at Comicon. If your city or one nearby has any sort of geeky Con, it's worth heading over there (you wouldn't even need a ticket - just get close to the convention center)

Last edited:
If you have a second copy and a second ds , you can get spotpass from yourself. Though it's fun and surprising to get it from random people. I seldom get any though.

I only have one ds unfortunately but thats not a bad idea! Although seeing random peoples houses would be interesting as well

- - - Post Merge - - -

I've gotten one or two walking around campus, but my main time to score passes it at Comicon. If you're city or one nearby has any sort of geeky Con, it's worth heading over there (you wouldn't even need a ticket - just get close to the convention center)

Theres actually one in my city later this year. Thanks for the idea! I'll check it out then.

I think the last time I got a Streetpass was in 2014? I haven't tried since then since I doubt anyone here plays NL anymore. Also, my 3DS sucks since if I close it, it turns off automatically.

I think the last time I got a Streetpass was in 2014? I haven't tried since then since I doubt anyone here plays NL anymore. Also, my 3DS sucks since if I close it, it turns off automatically.

I remember getting maybe 3-5 when the game first came out. That was it. I never got to experience a full showcase or even what its like to spotpass many people on ACNL. Sorry to hear about your ds, also!

Some of us need to make ACNL groups at our local game stores/libraries. Like put up a flyer stating to come and walk around the store, you don't have talk to anyone, just turn on spotpass and leave.

Yeah, I agree. I've played this game since launch, and I've only streetpassed like three times. I've taken my 3Ds so many places, but apparently I'm the only person who has one. I wish I could go to Japan. I've heard Streetpass is super easy to get over there.

I had this game when it first came out and only had at least 6 people (not at the same time) around 2013-2014, I finally got another streetpass last year during the summer in NC before the update. The person's house was big..but every floor was empty inside, all the rooms pretty much just had the default wallpaper and flooring. -sigh-

I think I'm the only person who play this game in my area, because when I get a streetpass it's always for Mario Kart 7 or one of the Pokemon games I also own.

All my girlfriend and I ever get is Streetpass between ourselves, for the entirety of our 3DS' and not just for ACNL. We're lucky to even get 1 hit on Mii Plaza, let alone anything else.

ahh jeez i know that feeling

where i live you barely see people walking around with a 3ds soooo yeah

It used to be much easier to get Street Passes. Not so much anymore, even at the mall, where I used to get most of them. Ah well. My brother has ACNL so I at least get some street passes that way.

I've had the game since May and got only two, and I take it everywhere with me. I was recently in an airport and stupidly didn't have my DS on - I bet that would have been quite a good place to pick some up. Will try again today as I'm flying home!

I take my 3ds to the anime convention I go to every year and the amount of Streetpasses I get is amazing. I swear the limit is constantly reached I can sit there clearing out streetpasses the whole day lol. I usually just clear Streetpasses (walk in and out of new houses) until the entire showcase (apart from my favourites) is replaced and then I just go enjoy the convention. In the evening I can actually look through the houses. ^^

Lately I'm struggling to get any kind of Streetpass. (Out of the games I have it enabled for. NL isn't one of them right now, actually.) I rarely leave my house, so I've never been able to finish all the puzzles in Puzzle Swap. I even went on a vacation recently but I got a lot less Streetpass than I usually do on vacations. The worst part is all of the tags I did manage to get were useless to me. I only got tags for the Mii Plaza (Not even the free-to-play games like Pokemon Rumble World???) and none of them gave new puzzle pieces! I'm actually still missing a lot of puzzle pieces, so basically I only got tags from users with hardly any puzzle pieces. It's looking to me like less people still have a 3DS or at least stopped taking it outside.

Back