• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Would a town design firm be useful to you?

Lanstar

Orange 🍊
Lemon 🍋
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
March Birthstone (Aquamarine)
The Bell Tree World Championship 2021 Patch
December Birthstone (Turquoise)
Blue Star Fragment
September Birthstone (Sapphire)
Summer Shell
Blue Hybrid Rose
Love Ball
Blue Candy
Blue Hybrid Pansy
Hello all,

I'm thinking about opening a thread in this forum, where I visit other people's towns to give some advice to designing them. This may sound weird - after all, I could just as well visit people's dream addresses, then give advice that way. However, I think this idea has some neat things going for it:

-I could lay down patterns temporarily in your town, so to add more precision about ideas on where to place things.
-All feedback is much more specific and immediate when both players are walking around the town and talking at the same time.
-The town owner gets better say over what they they want advice on, and what they do not, as they are the lead of the town itself.

I don't know, though... It might also spark arguments in town as well. I also wonder if there are enough people who'd want something like this - we can be very controlling about how our towns should be.

So I'll ask you all, before opening a thread like this in the AC Train Station of this forum: Do you think this is a nice idea to try out? Would any of you be interested in this kind of advice? I think I can be very helpful to many novices here, but I do wonder if any of you feel the same way.

I personally wouldn't use a service like that because I really like the idea of designing towns myself, even if they're bland and boring at first. I also feel like you have to play for quite a while before you'll have enough pwps unlocked to make your town look nice, and by that time, most people have an idea of what they want in their town.

Also, you'd have to go about giving path advice differently because you can't actually place patterns in someone else's town.

Oh, I see... I've always heard that you could place path patterns in other players towns - just that the patterns would disappear once you left. Now I don't really know for sure.

I would like to have someone give me advice on my newest town, Gables. I would possibly do it.

I went to this players town a few years ago and helped her decorate. I cut down trees that were in the way, and showed her where to lay paths. She just kind of followed me. It was a little confusing at times, but it worked out ok. I also placed common flowers where I thought bushes should go. Then I collected bushes for her each day to help her out.

I would like to have someone give me advice on my newest town, Gables. I would possibly do it.

I went to this players town a few years ago and helped her decorate. I cut down trees that were in the way, and showed her where to lay paths. She just kind of followed me. It was a little confusing at times, but it worked out ok. I also placed common flowers where I thought bushes should go. Then I collected bushes for her each day to help her out.

Well, I wouldn't necessarily go so far as to decorate the person's town for them... Rather, I would mainly ask questions about all sorts of areas in a person's town, and give advice about what to do about them according to their needs. I may suggest good places to put paths, works projects, etc., but I wouldn't force anyone to enact any of it. It would be guidance on what could make their town great in the future.

(That said, If they decide to follow my advice, I wouldn't mind! ^.^)

Thank you for your interest!

Last edited:
Back