• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

New Villager Type Ideas

Lackadaisy

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Are you hoping for new villager personalities for the next game? If so, do you have any particular types you'd like to see? Do you think any of the already existing animals would fit into your new category?

I'd love the inclusion of other types, especially if our towns have a higher capacity.
Based on someone's suggestion of calling the normal villagers "bookworms", I'd really enjoy a nerdy or scholarly type. They could be either gender, and not get along that well with peppy, lazy or jock villagers.

Yes, nerdy villagers would be awesome. I think it'd also be cool if there were socially awkward villagers.

Perhaps a sad/Eyore/gloomy type?
A prankster?
An artist?

Yes, I love the gloomy and prankster ideas! What gender do you envision them to be?
(Or how do people feel about types including both genders?)
I'd like an artist type as well, but see it slightly conflicting with normal since they mention being artsy.

I think it'd also be cool if there were socially awkward villagers.
This actually sounds really cute, as long as it doesn't offend anyone. Maybe they could be called shy instead?

A type that is timid and easily-startled could be adorable as well <3 (afraid of bugs, pitfalls, rainstorms etc.)

Last edited:
I would really enjoy a nerdy type, a prankster type and a shy type. Also, possibly a curious type that is always asking questions, maybe a little on the nosy side.

Yes, I love the gloomy and prankster ideas! What gender do you envision them to be?
I'd like an artist type as well, but see it slightly conflicting with normal since they mention being artsy.

This actually sounds really cute, as long as it doesn't offend anyone. Maybe they could be called shy instead?

A type that is timid and easily-startled could be adorable as well <3 (afraid of bugs, pitfalls, rainstorms etc.)

For artsy I was thinking everything could be a 'muse' for them and always needing items to 'inspire' them. Maybe even some different pwps for that? Like statues, fountains, etc?
For the other two I really like the idea that they could be either gender. ^^

Crazy

Hypochondriac ( they are always thinking they are sick and always want medicine)

Kleptomaniac ( they steal items from others and then ask you to return them lol, or they can also steal items you leave on the ground and then give them back to you...or ask you to steal from another villagers )

Sleepy ( the kind you see falling asleep standing)

Stinky ( have them always have flies surrounding them and the other villagers always commenting on how smelly they are)

Funny ( always cracking jokes)

Drama queen

Smart ( a genius...telling you supper smart equations or facts)

Last edited:

Yes, I agree with everything you said. I think the easily startled villagers should be called anxious or skittish villagers. I can imagine them jumping at the sound of thunder and that type of thing.

Also this corelates to the artsy thing, but what if there poet or journalist villagers?
The poets would be brooding introverts that qoute lyrics and proverbs, and look to nature for inspiration. The journalist villagers would be gossip hounds who are constantly on the hunt for a new story and always seem to know what events are happening before the player does. I think it'd be cool if they based one off J. Jonah Jameson xD

I don't know...a chatterbox type? One that spreads gossip frequently and says more than what needs to be said. I think that would be a fun type.

I'd like nerdy and gloomy... cranky is more like angry so I feel like we need something to combat that

Mom/ Dad- it's not a personality but imagine if some villagers came in pairs so they live in one house like a family. The kangaroos have babies in their pouches, but it would be cool to see a kid running around!

I think that a lot of the personalities they have now cover a lot of tropes, but there are some great ideas here! I agree with the smart, shy, and crazy ideas: those just sound so cute and like they could be distinct enough to make new personalities out of.

Maybe an over the top personality, where they over exaggerate and are very theatrical with lots of expressions.
An air-headed type - very out of it and calm all the time. The kind of villager to fall asleep on stumps and daydream a lot!
And maybe a really bossy villager who would always talk like they were the mayor, and command you to work on your town more (for motivation)!

I hope they surprise us with a new personality type, it would be fun to see what they do! :)

Yes, I agree with everything you said. I think the easily startled villagers should be called anxious or skittish villagers. I can imagine them jumping at the sound of thunder and that type of thing.

Also this corelates to the artsy thing, but what if there poet or journalist villagers?
[...] The journalist villagers would be gossip hounds who are constantly on the hunt for a new story and always seem to know what events are happening before the player does. I think it'd be cool if they based one off J. Jonah Jameson xD

Anxious and skittish are both good names to describe that type; I just find the idea of a slightly fearful villager extremely endearing, especially if there are ways for other villagers or the player to calm and comfort them <3

Your journalist idea works well with what Zavester said:
I don't know...a chatterbox type? One that spreads gossip frequently and says more than what needs to be said. I think that would be a fun type.

What I'm really enjoying with many of these ideas is that the villagers actually behave much differently and affect the neighborhood in some way. That should be expanded with the current types as well, i.e. actually seeing the jocks run or do exercises, having the peppy villagers performing a song in the town plaza etc.

Well first of all I want crankies and snooties to be meaner again. Also maybe have normal villagers with more/different dialogue.

I think having a 'nerd' villager would be cute. They could always be spitting facts at you and talking about their fav video games!

I just thought about a Fickle personality. One that is very sensitive and easily gets saddened. Kinda goes with the gloomy/shy personality.

Being smelly isn't a personality...

I'd say why not branch out the existing personalities to the other sex. So Normal can also be male, while jock can be female to. Not a whole lot, maybe just a few. That and make the personalities actually existent this time. Everyone seemed to 'just be your friends' right from the get-go.

Back