Eggs
Old Eggs
Lobo
Isabelle
New Leaf Token
Poptart Easter Egg
White Cosmos
hi! if this isnt allowed feel free to lock it

i hack one of my acnls, but i don't sell anything out of that town. i have a cycling town that i'd also like to hack, but only the layout of it, because everything is in annoying spots. if i hack the layout of it just to be more accessable, will i not be allowed to sell the villagers i get, even if theyre not hacked in? thats the only thing stopping me from hacking it.

I cannot speak for the community, as i only just returned to the bell tree recently from hiatus....but i personally wouldnt buy, sell, trade, donate, visit, invite over, or anything else from someone who cheats/hacks. I doubt anyone who is playing the game legitimately would either. Id wager the only people who would knowingly engage in trade with a hacker is another hacker, and why would they need to if they themselves cheat/hack? And if you're a hack and dont disclose that beforehand to your fellow mayors, then shame on you. Probably not the answer you want to hear, but again, thats just me. Good luck, i hope you find what you are looking for =)

Based on the link ~Unicorn~ posted it looks like trading non-hacked items and villagers is allowed *nod*
I do the same thing you do, landscape hacking, but openly disclose that in my profile. I'd probably additionally tell the other person before having them over to my town, just in case they aren't comfortable with the idea or feel unsafe there.

I doubt anyone who is playing the game legitimately would either. Id wager the only people who would knowingly engage in trade with a hacker is another hacker, and why would they need to if they themselves cheat/hack?

Not true on both counts. I've had people ask me for items because they know I would have easy access to them (to clarify, not here) and personally love trading with others even though I hack my game. People hack in different ways and for different goals - I've only hacked to design my town, not to gain items or villagers.

Last edited:
I don't see a problem with it because you aren't hacking or modding your villagers or anything.
Only hacked items are untradable, such as items that haven't been released or acquirable yet, or items like infinite fruit baskets and such

If you're only hacking your landscape and not the villagers themselves, I personally think it would be fine! I might be a little biased because I hacked my landscape a tiny bit (and have no intent on selling/trading anyways), but if I was interested in buying a villager, a hacked landscape wouldn't bother me at all. :)

thanks guys !! yeah, i wouldnt dare sell anything i got through hacking.

I cannot speak for the community, as i only just returned to the bell tree recently from hiatus....but i personally wouldnt buy, sell, trade, donate, visit, invite over, or anything else from someone who cheats/hacks. I doubt anyone who is playing the game legitimately would either. Id wager the only people who would knowingly engage in trade with a hacker is another hacker, and why would they need to if they themselves cheat/hack? And if you're a hack and dont disclose that beforehand to your fellow mayors, then shame on you. Probably not the answer you want to hear, but again, thats just me. Good luck, i hope you find what you are looking for =)

this is .. really harsh, wow. if you could read my original post, youd see i said i wasnt planning on selling or trading anything i hacked into my game, because that's cheating. i can get anything i want, anyway, including bells, so theres not really a need to trade or sell if i hack.
im literally talking about making my layout so that everything is closer to the train station to make it easier on people who would want to buy my villagers, not hacking in all the popular items and villagers just for some extra money. not sure what you have against hackers- ive been playing this game for 3 years and everything ive obtained up until march was legit obtained. if ive accomplished everything ive tried to, what else do i have to do?

- - - Post Merge - - -

just to clarify, im not planning on selling any hacked items or villagers

i think you're just fine! like you said, you're only hacking the landscape, and if you're doing it so that it's easier to run your villager shop, and not to hack in actual villagers, it should be fine! and don't take abacab too harshly- they may just not have fully read your original post :blush: people here on the forum are okay with trading / buying from hackers as long as the stuff they're getting isn't hacked- so you're totally fine!

i saw that your shop is already up and under construction at the moment- good good luck with it!! :blush:

I think that's fine. I mean most people don't even know that they are getting villagers from hacked or non-hacked towns. It's better that you disclose it for transparency but honestly it's so hard to tell now a days anyways lol. It shouldn't affect the villagers itself though, since you're just futzing with the layout. That's nice that you're concerned about this though! :> Good luck with your future thread!

As long as it's just landscape hacks and not anything related to the villagers you're cycling out, you should be fine because you're not distributing anything that's hacked

Back