I loaded up my game today and something looked off

HappyTails

On Indefinite Hiatus
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Then I realized, Elizza is just tanned. This is the first time I've seen my character tanned like this.

20293040_330173114091633_8015634611595937390_n.jpg

I forgot this game has a tanning season.

And that's why I always equip my parasol.

Also you can blend in with your path and sneak attack anyone.

I'm pretty sure parasols, hats, and some sunglasses can keep you from tanning. Also the lemon and cucumber packs help remove tans :cool:

- - - Post Merge - - -

Lol Yuna my mom would love your signature. She's never been tho

Can I just say on ACNL I have been no tan throughout my whole time I've stayed the default white.. I WANTT A TANNNNN

Can I just say on ACNL I have been no tan throughout my whole time I've stayed the default white.. I WANTT A TANNNNN

I think in order to get a tan, your character has to spend a lot of time outdoors during the summer with no hat, glasses or parasol on. Yesterday, I was landscaping a lot and I didn't have a hat or umbrella or glasses on. I think that's probably why I'm tanned now.

I've never tanned either. Can you tan in town or just the island?

I don't think you can tan while on the island. Otherwise people would be tanned year round. I think tanning is a town only exclusive.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Yeah I get these a lot in summer. Use an umbrella to prevent it. Though it looks cute!

I'm going to leave her tanned. It looks adorable.

You can in fact get tanned on the island. You just need to not wear a hat/accessory there, and you'll get tanned. I know this because my first days of playing were in the fall - and noticed a harsh tan when I played on the island quite a lot.

You can in fact get tanned on the island. You just need to not wear a hat/accessory there, and you'll get tanned. I know this because my first days of playing were in the fall - and noticed a harsh tan when I played on the island quite a lot.

I stand corrected. I spend a lot of time on the island without a hat or accessory on, and I've never gotten tanned. Hmmm......

i don't like getting tans. i'm very white irl and even if it's unintentionally it doesn't feel right to be playing as a dark-skinned character, especially if it's supposed to be a representation of me. you know?

Does anyone know if the lemon/cucumber packs prevent tans as well as help them wear off? I'd rather wear the pack than carry around a parasol?
I wish we could just buy sun screen *sigh*

I tried getting a tan in the game multiple times, but it never worked. Got to the point where I was convinced it was impossible and the wiki lied.

It especially sucks because I'm dark skinned irl and the only way to get my character with my skin tone is to stand out in the sun forever...

Last edited:
I forgot tanning in town could only be done through July and September 16th. I've been tanning at the island that I totally forgot.

So that explains why I'm so pale, all the time. I'm always wearing my hat.

You know, You would think with something like the Blue cap, where you wear it backwards, it wouldn't protect you from getting tanned.

Not all hats stop tans, I think it's just the wide-brimmed ones that do. Because I wore a hat on the island when doing a lot of tours and ended up with a huge tan. So now I use a straw hat whenever I go to the island.

Back