• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

I have a couple (long) questions!!!

Lynx_

mmm
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
This might not be the right place to post this, but I've searched so uh... Sorry if this isn't a thread for questions.. but I do have a couple that I've been meaning to ask but I never felt like it till now :0
Sorry these questions are a bit long whoopsies!

So first question! With the QR code machine, it takes up my entire patterns thingy (like, the one saved kinda like my pockets. I'm actually not sure what to call it oops!) and I never have space for clothing. If I save the path QR patterns and then delete/change them from my patterns, will they save on the ground? Or will they change to the altered version, even though I saved the pattern. What even is the point to saving patterns if that doesn't work? Sorry if that's a little bit confusing :0

Two! Can I get anything else besides balloon items and slingshots from the ballon present thingies? I always ignore them since I already have the gold slingshot and don't see any use for those ugly balloon items... It would be pretty sweet if we could get other things like bells from the balloon gifts tbh!

Threeee!!! I know about the villager friend ladder and stuff like that.. but it's kinda confusing. A few things I'd like to ask. Almost everything here has to do with the "Ignore villagers and they'll move out" trick.
If I'm playing hide and seek with a villager, and the villager I don't like is part of it... If I talk to them when I find them, will it reset the ignoring thing? Like... I THINK I have to ignore a villager for 10 days, but if I talk to them during this does it count? If I AGREE to play hide and seek and the villager I don't want is involved and I DONT talk to them, does it reset just because I agreed to play hide and seek and the villager was INVOLVED? I'm not saying the villager HOSTED the hide and seek, I mean they took part in it.

If I have a villager who I don't like who's friends with another villager that I like, do I ruin the friendship ladder with the hated villager or LIKED villager if I decline the LIKED villager wanting me to deliver a present or something involving the hated villager? This is really confusing...
Okay wait lemmie re-word that.
I really don't like Annalisa, but in my village she was friends with MY best friend Purrl. If Purrl wants me to deliver a gift to Annalisa that Annalisa was expecting, do I ruin my friendship with Purrl?

Sorry these questions were long aaaaa I'm really sorry tbh... I type so long for sometimes and I don't even think long paragraphs like these are allowed-

I can answer your first question. :'D If you put a pattern on the ground and then change it, the pattern on the ground will change as well. So you are only allowed to have 10 patterns at any given time, but if you create extra characters you'll get more spaces. (10 for each character created) c:

Mnhk. Here ya go:
1.No qrs don't stay on the ground unless the are actively in your pockets. Saving them with Mable just makes them easy to use for later so you don't have to re scan. For example some people do seasonal paths. They find ones they like. Swap out saved ones for "active" in pocket patterns.

2.Yes! You can! Sometimes you get Harvey items! You have to have the full balloon set first. It's kinda rare.

3. Pretty sure hide and seek is fine because you aren't having a "hi my name is Chris and I'm new here! Convo" like 80% sure.

4. In your example you'd be hurting Annalisas friend level. It's the villager you refuse to deliver the gift for. (Purl won't even know about it lol)

Mnhk. Here ya go:
1.No qrs don't stay on the ground unless the are actively in your pockets. Saving them with Mable just makes them easy to use for later so you don't have to re scan. For example some people do seasonal paths. They find ones they like. Swap out saved ones for "active" in pocket patterns.

2.Yes! You can! Sometimes you get Harvey items! You have to have the full balloon set first. It's kinda rare.

3. Pretty sure hide and seek is fine because you aren't having a "hi my name is Chris and I'm new here! Convo" like 80% sure.

4. In your example you'd be hurting Annalisas friend level. It's the villager you refuse to deliver the gift for. (Purl won't even know about it lol)

Oh oh my gosh thank you =]

1. That's a really good idea :0 I kinda wanna do that but then I'd have to use a new save slot because I already made so many clothes aaaa!

2. The full balloon set? Do I need to put it in my house? Do you mean the slingshots or the actual balloon items? Or both? and the clothes?

3. No no I meant when you find a villager in hide and seek, you click on them and they talk back like "Oh man you found me!" that sort of thing

4. That sort of answers my question but like... Theres three ways to do that.
If Purrl does "Will you deliver this gift to Annalisa" and you say no, will it hurt her?
I understand you think if I say yes and then don't do it though.
If I open the gift and go back to Purrl, will she get suspicious?

1. yes, as jadeth said, you can only have 10 patterns, so even if you use one somewhere (in your house, on your clothing, on the grass), and change it, the pattern will change with it! so say i have a qr that is plain white, because i want my walls inside my house to be pure white. if i put that pattern on my wall, and then decide i want replace the white qr with a patterned one in my qr code inventory, the walls of my house will change to that pattern. it's also a helpful mechanism though, because if you put down paths in your town and decide you don't like the color/style path you used but like the way they're laid down, you can just change the first path pattern to a new path pattern you like, and all your paths in town will become that pattern!

2. yes, you can get more than the balloon series or slingshots from balloons- just this morning i knocked down a balloon and got a flower bed, which is an unorderable item. so yes! sometimes balloons give you rare welcome amiibo items, so be sure to pop all the ones you see!

3. i don't think it matters who is involved in hide-and-seek. i think it matters who asked you to play in the first place! so i think that if the person who asked you to play wasn't the villager you're trying to move out, then you should be fine. i think if (in your hypothetical question) you don't deliver purrl's gift, your friendship with her will go down. but if you do deliver it, i'm pretty sure(???) annalisa's friendship will go up... so think you just have to make a choice between the lesser of two evils (i would say, don't deliver it, ruin a bit of your friendship with purrl, and just rebuild that friendship by being extra nice to her from now on)

Whoever pings to move out is random. Honestly, friendship has nothing to do with it. Villagers I've had in my games for 2+ years consistently ask me to move out. It just rotates every couple of days who wants to move out. :/

Since most of the questions have already been answered, I'd like to add that in my experience, the whole "ignore/treat the villager you want to kick out badly" thing generally doesn't work. It's better if you talk to them every day, gain some kind of friendship with them and they'll leave faster. You also shouldn't expect the last villager that moved in (either your 9th or 10th depending on how many villagers are in your town currently) to ask to move out anytime soon, so if that's the villager you want out... goooood luck lol. Most of the time your last villager will only move out when someone else moves out first. So in short, you should be working your ass off for that "hated" villager, do their chores, talk to them like you'd normally do, etc. Just play normally as if it was any other villager. This isn't a rule obviously, but in my experience it has worked better than ignoring them. Others may have differing experiences though.

Back