• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What Are Your Most Cringy Experiences??

Mayor_Rhena001

Always Waiting
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Red Lily
White Rose
Red Rose
Tasty Cake
I know we have them all, but personally I haven't been in that many cringy moments. Plus I rarely see things as cringe-worthy, so I'm pretty chill.

The only one I can think of is something that happened 2-3 years ago, when someone was attacking me on Gaia and I found out they were a troll with literally hundreds of mule accounts...what's worse is that they made the mules talk to one another. *curls into a ball of cringe*

...Oh, but something cringy did happen yesterday. I was going to get Stitches from someone else's town, and I didn't remember the name of it at first. So, I ended up going to the wrong town. And what's worse is that 2 other people were visiting that town, so I had to wait to leave until they all arrived. Of course, the host of the group had NO idea who I was and they just stared at me like 'wtf?'. I could feel the awkwardness, it was unbearable. Ugh.

Not an Animal Crossing moment, but just a couple days ago I texted someone I know (very well, I might add) describing the size and quantity of a certain bowel movement - only to be texted back from a stranger who had found the person's phone. Not a brilliant moment for me.

singing the thomas the tank engine theme song with my friends for the talent show a couple years back, we thought we were hilarious :^)))))
(actually that entire year was pretty cringy, we were all in our "LOL RANDOM XD I LOVE LLAMAS" phase)

Last edited:
Not an Animal Crossing moment, but just a couple days ago I texted someone I know (very well, I might add) describing the size and quantity of a certain bowel movement - only to be texted back from a stranger who had found the person's phone. Not a brilliant moment for me.

Lmao I have an experience similar to this. I was at the studio where I work and it's a shared space with another group but we're usually not in at the same time because they mainly work in the evenings and we're there in the morning/afternoon. I'm really close to my friend and we talk about this stuff openly too. She was in the bathroom and was talking to me about something bowel movement related and there I was on the other side of the door, asking her what she ate and if it was watery lmao ok sorry. But anyways moments later the other guy sharing the space with us came out and just looked at us like we were crazy. I think it's worse that we knew the guy and he wasn't a stranger.

Another work related thing:

I work in the printmaking business and occasionally we'll do live printing (like on t-shirts or whatever) at event launches/birthdays/weddings (I feel like a clown most of the time, but that's beside the point). I always find it really cringey when people dedicate a hashtag to themselves and get it like.. printed or branded everywhere. That stuff should stay on the web if anywhere, not blasted on a poster or an artwork. We made limited edition scarves for this lady's wedding and she insisted on us incorporating her silly hashtag somewhere on the scarf, ruining a perfectly nice scarf. Blegh.

this happened today
i was standing in line to buy something and the person behind me asked if i was "with" the people infront of me
and i was like "........... yeah?" and in my head i was like 'wait what... did i just say yes? what did she even say?(she had a strong indian accent)' as the people infront of me walked away me and the woman both walked infront of the cashier at the same time and she was like "oh"

then i paid for my item and the woman was talking about a gift card or something and i said "pardon?" (she had a strong indian accent too) and we just kind of stood there in silence for a few seconds and i handed her the money. the woman behind me when to talk to the cashier (idk maybe she was returning something) and i walked away.
i was nearly out of the shop when the cashier was shouting "excuse me!" just to give my receipt and i was just like "im so sorry" slowly dying inside
ok
thats enough for today

I work in the printmaking business and occasionally we'll do live printing (like on t-shirts or whatever) at event launches/birthdays/weddings (I feel like a clown most of the time, but that's beside the point). I always find it really cringey when people dedicate a hashtag to themselves and get it like.. printed or branded everywhere. That stuff should stay on the web if anywhere, not blasted on a poster or an artwork. We made limited edition scarves for this lady's wedding and she insisted on us incorporating her silly hashtag somewhere on the scarf, ruining a perfectly nice scarf. Blegh.

yikes that cringe indeed.. why would anyone want to ruin their their clothes with that... I mean there are enough cringe random French phrase shirts around already and now this.. ew

singing the thomas the tank engine theme song with my friends for the talent show a couple years back, we thought we were hilarious :^)))))
(actually that entire year was pretty cringy, we were all in our "LOL RANDOM XD I LOVE LLAMAS" phase)

Ah, that is hilarious. XD

Also a lot of threads in the general discussion over at Flight Rising, basically special snowflakes about anime/fandom and lgbtq+ community.

I don't have anything against either but sometimes people, go a bit too much.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Not so much edgy special snowflakes or random lgbt threads there now though(they have one official that is actually civil though i think) there more though since they changed he rules, but basically most threads are anime fandom or "Look at this kitty/meme/random stuff no one cares about anyways"

My entire DeviantArt is cringey. 😱
I used an old email and now I forgot my password. So I'm doomed.

Though it's nothing like the "Paul/Susan/Timothy/Peachpoppizzle the hedgehog" ocs scattered all over DA.

My entire DeviantArt is cringey. ��
I used an old email and now I forgot my password. So I'm doomed.

Though it's nothing like the "Paul/Susan/Timothy/Peachpoppizzle the hedgehog" ocs scattered all over DA.

Oh god I remember my very first dA, I'd literally just make real ****ty paint doodles and put em up as art lololol (at first)

Back