• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Dealing with cringey things you've done

Any cringey things i've done in the past, I just move to the final stage of grief and go with life.

I try not to let them bog me down...what's done is done and there's nothing I can do to change that. So I move on!

figuratively speaking; the you in the past isn't the you now. that's done with, and there's no use in looking back at what someone who isn't you anymore has done

Last edited:
I think the only reason we cringe at old things is because we are better than them now. Take it as a sign of self-improvement!

Especially if it wasn't anything mean or immoral and was just something like bad taste in music or bad art or something. It meant you were being authentic!

Making a collage about how much I hated my elementary school principal and posting it on my facebook.

Still never got caught, but cringey to look back on.

i dont care it doesnt matter

- - - Post Merge - - -

figuratively speaking; the you in the past isn't the you now. that's done with, and there's no use in looking back at what someone who isn't you anymore has done

i see your aids is manifesting in ur words..

realise that everyone has those moments and probably no one but you will rememebr it

I used to be the personification of cringe. I don't think anybody remembers any of it nowadays, but it still makes me feel ill when I think about the stuff I used to do. ;^;

As I was approaching near the end of my secondary school years, I started to get into some acts that led me into overthinking and taking various things too far, causing a stain on my reputation around the internet.

Good thing is, I've been learning to stop doing it making my life feel easier.

When I was 11-13 I got on IMVU and catfished a lot of people. (so many) & then when i turned 14 i told everyone I'd catfished them and half of them still talked to me and half of them didn't and I changed my username on IMVU and another person took my old name and they still get hatemail about my catfishing activities and i'm now 21.
I apologized to everyone but I still feel a bit ashamed, I just.... I just kind of have to accept that I did everything I could.

So many of my old emails, posts, etc. and other written things are super cringey. I just avoid re-reading them. My cringey real life actions are harder to deal with. I'm just so glad repression exists.

Back in 2014 I posted some cringey stuff in the forums but, ended up deleting them before more people saw.

Last edited:
i delete it completely, or i bury it deep within my memory and hope to forget it. if it does surface, maybe i'll tell a friend about it or something to sorta relieve that pressure, then it'll fade away again.

Back