Dealing with cringey things you've done

forestyne

Finally Left.
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
October Birthstone (Opal)
Flea
Let's face it; 99% of us have probably done something on the internet we've regretted immensely looking back on it. Whether it's something you did when you were young or something you've done recently. Remembering it, it makes your gut do the thing (ya know, the thing?). Like, the sheer cringiness twists your internal organs around like a croissant.

Anyway, how do you cope with the agonizing pressure of regretting something you did but being unable to rewind and not do it, or delete it?

Once I when I was in middle school I just got on Facebook, and I wanted to send a message to everyone on my friends list INDIVIDUALLY. Unfortunately, I made a group message with about 150 people. Wow, that was awkward. So I decided I was going to pretend like it never happened and deleted my Facebook shortly afterwards. I still cringe when I think about it and that was almost 8 years ago.

I just stuff it away deep down so it won't rise. Unless some ass decide to bring it up again, that's it.

Ahhh I have some internet skeletons in the closet. I mean I'm not ashamed to admit it because whatever, but I just hate how some stuff is still online and I can't take it down. I used to be part of this doll community for Blythe/pulips etc. when I was a teen and really into sewing and customization. I joined a Flickr group that posted these kinda themed pics to their community and I participated in a few contests. Anyways that account is super cringey now, mainly because I may have uploaded pics of myself when I was a teen and no one wants to see that again lmao. I can't delete it because the hotmail email address I used is like dead now. At least I had the right mind not to use my name and used an equally cringey username instead.

Back when I used to use AIM, I was about 12-14 years old. I started to explore the world of drawing boards as my way of socializing with other people. I started to gather a posse of really hormonal teen boys and I thought it was great! I was getting this attention, and I felt like I was some sort of hottie potattie. It was like a fight club over tween me.
Lord help me.

But being "popular" had its downsides, and a lot of these boys had emotional baggage so when I ditched them; well they got real angry. I remember a 1-2 years passed and I came into one of the drawing boards to see them raging at this poor person who wrote very similar like me on their tablet. He thought that stranger was me and completely lost it.

So I learned my lesson. Don't be excessively flirty, ditched my AIM account/don't use that username and never look back. :p

I personally find it hilarious looking back on it.

I can't cope with it. Every night, I am kept awake. I usually cry myself to sleep

That's how I deal with it:

lJXXKc53Q4OKHg-pSKs3mw.gif

Seriously though, bad memories will slowly fade and become unimportant. But it's good to remember so you can apologize.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't. All the really cringy stuff I did was like, middle school, so im sure nobody but me remembers it and I don't think about it often.

my bebo page from 2005/6 hahahaha that's all I'll say on that

took me forever to get it deleted because I could no longer access my account or the email associated with it (before bebo was shut down)

I usually accociated with strangers and I don't talk or see any of them anymore so anything cringy I've done in the past is buried and forgotten. Yay!

depends on what it is tbh. usually it doesn't matter that much and no one but me remembers it so i try to forget it lol. there are a Lot of embarrassing things i've done online and i've removed a lot of it (deleted old accounts/posts, edited posts i made on a forum in like 2012 and whatever lmao) but i don't care that much about the stuff that's left because most people have been annoying and embarrassing in the past. also it's unlikely that someone from one of those sites will meet me and be like "oh lol youre That Embarrassing Person, cringe!!!"
so basically i just try to forget about it bc it doesnt matter lol

But yeah 5th grade up til I started high school was just internet cringe on various places lol

sometimes, i just get BAD flashbacks of dumb stuff I did, and the first thing i do is just start thinking about other random things to get my mind off it. if that doesn't work, i always just remind myself that "thank god i wasn't on the internet posting stuff when i was 12 because dEAR LORD that would be an entire OTHER mess of embarrassing things to think about" and then i feel a little better.

I have been down on myself for my facebook posts, comments and messages from my freshman year. Idk how to cope with how embarrassed I am at myself... lmfao

took me forever to get it deleted because I could no longer access my account or the email associated with it

essentially what im dealing with. i made posts when i was like 10-11 and they were so awful and obviously years later i cant fathom what the hell the email and password is. ive tried contacting the site before too.

I rarely get cringy, but I do remember one event that happened around 2-3 years ago.

It was on Gaia, and I had posted something in the Life Discussion thread. I do agree that what I posted was cringy by itself, but someone decided to try and attack me for it. So for a whole hour, right after I posted the topic, this person and someone else (who was trying to defend me) had argued with one another. I tried to say something, but of course the person attacked me for trying to defend myself. They said that it was why I was a 'terrible person', which I could not understand why they made that leap in logic (I mean just because you want to defend yourself in an argument does not mean you are a 'bad' person).

Of course, I just decided to watch the destruction for my own amusement until my post was moved to Chatterbox...I was definitely not gonna break that fight up. After that, I learned that there's a troll who has hundreds of mule accounts (literally) and the person attacking me was most likely that troll. What's really cringy is that the troll often makes the mules talk to one another on posts that they make, and it's very obvious when this happens because all of the avatars look like the ones you choose when you make a new account. And that's why I rarely post anything in Life Discussion ever again, it's even worse than General Discussion and the Chatterbox combined.

^oh god yes i remember LD over there, basically troll fest unless you thread through the official/organized threads. cb/gd was pretty fun to read through though if you were bored lol.

I'm really bad with dealing with these types of things. Basically I just... run away and never look back...

My tumblr has some of the most cringy stuff ever from 2015 and before... I just wish I could delete all my old posts without having to manually go through them all... I don't even want to look at them...

Nothing much really. I've caused some drama on other sites and yeah, I sometimes cringe when I think about it but honestly I don't care anymore. If it's on the internet, it dies down. Not like it'll matter 10 years from now?
I just stuff it away deep down so it won't rise. Unless some ass decide to bring it up again, that's it.
I honestly hate it when people bring **** up. Like what's the point? It's over so get over it?

Back