Dealing with cringey things you've done

Any cringey things i've done in the past, I just move to the final stage of grief and go with life.

I try not to let them bog me down...what's done is done and there's nothing I can do to change that. So I move on!

figuratively speaking; the you in the past isn't the you now. that's done with, and there's no use in looking back at what someone who isn't you anymore has done

Last edited:
I think the only reason we cringe at old things is because we are better than them now. Take it as a sign of self-improvement!

Especially if it wasn't anything mean or immoral and was just something like bad taste in music or bad art or something. It meant you were being authentic!

Making a collage about how much I hated my elementary school principal and posting it on my facebook.

Still never got caught, but cringey to look back on.

i dont care it doesnt matter

- - - Post Merge - - -

figuratively speaking; the you in the past isn't the you now. that's done with, and there's no use in looking back at what someone who isn't you anymore has done

i see your aids is manifesting in ur words..

I used to be the personification of cringe. I don't think anybody remembers any of it nowadays, but it still makes me feel ill when I think about the stuff I used to do. ;^;

As I was approaching near the end of my secondary school years, I started to get into some acts that led me into overthinking and taking various things too far, causing a stain on my reputation around the internet.

Good thing is, I've been learning to stop doing it making my life feel easier.

When I was 11-13 I got on IMVU and catfished a lot of people. (so many) & then when i turned 14 i told everyone I'd catfished them and half of them still talked to me and half of them didn't and I changed my username on IMVU and another person took my old name and they still get hatemail about my catfishing activities and i'm now 21.
I apologized to everyone but I still feel a bit ashamed, I just.... I just kind of have to accept that I did everything I could.

So many of my old emails, posts, etc. and other written things are super cringey. I just avoid re-reading them. My cringey real life actions are harder to deal with. I'm just so glad repression exists.

Back in 2014 I posted some cringey stuff in the forums but, ended up deleting them before more people saw.

Last edited:
i delete it completely, or i bury it deep within my memory and hope to forget it. if it does surface, maybe i'll tell a friend about it or something to sorta relieve that pressure, then it'll fade away again.

Back