• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Villagers making BAD trades

frogpup

•́ .̫ •̀
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Pear (Fruit)
Do your villagers ever ask to trade you for something and offer something that is almost kind of insulting lol

Whenever they do this to me its almost always something I just excitedly found in the store that I really want.

Like this trade offer from bones for example:

HNI_0072.JPGHNI_0073.JPG

Last edited:
Was just watching a let's play where Beardo wanted to trade a coat hanger for a sapphire lol

the worst is right after you buy something from the store or order something from an RV and somebody asks for it immediately. what's even worse than annoying trades is when you're carrying 15 items and someone dings, and gives you something you didn't want so your storage is full

I finally caught my first coelacanth and as soon as I made it up to the beach, I got pinged. Before it happened, I was thinking someone was going to want to ping and trade me for it...and sure enough one of my villagers did. I can't remember what they wanted to trade for it, but I'm pretty sure it was a shirt.

Why is the shirt always the go to item for everything in New Leaf? It's kind of repetitive...

I only trade if it's a good deal. I turn them down usually and they often end up just giving me the item.

In an older town I use to have, a villager wanted me to trade my throne I just bought for a toilet! :mad:
I took a screenshot of it, but I can't find it right now.

I always hide things I don't want to trade in my letters.

vesta asked me to catch her a golden stag and in return she gave me natty shirt. needless to say i was pretty frustrated.

T-shirt for a whale shark.

Also earlier today, Leonardo was trying to trade me a shirt for my sapphire.

Ugh...why is the shirt the go to for everything? It's really annoying. Did the New Leaf development team mess up the coding script and give shirts way too high of a probability? That's literally the only thing my villagers ever give. No fruit, no furniture, wallpaper, floor, nothing.

Just always shirts. And it's normally garbage shirts that look absolutely ugly.

Back