• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What game are you a fan of but have never played?

I only ever played dot hack: infection, but I love the series. I'm so excited for the GU remaster.

When I played infection for the first time, Skeith kicked my ass really hard. And someone told me that was just halfway thru, and i got so frustrated that I quit. Then in college I decided that I wanted to give it another shot, so I restart the game, play thru and beat Skeith - boop game over buy the next one. Except now the series costs 8 gabillion dollars so :< I just looked up what happens on wikipedia.

Splatoon 1 and 2, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, That's really it.
I hope I can get the Nintendo Switch, though it costs 300$ RIP

The Last of Us, kinda. I started it but got stuck at a part where a clicker kept eating my face. I gave up and just watched cutscenes on youtube lol.

Dark Souls. Never played a main series game, just Bloodborne. I love watching Dark Souls Lets Plays.

And yeah, also most Legend of Zelda games. I've only played Twilight Princess and part of Majora's Mask.

Oh man, I watch a lot of Twitch, which let's me vicariously play some games. Here are the ones I wish I could play, but loooove to death just from watching them.
Danganronpa Series (elegyofgames voiced it while playing and he's AMAZING.)
Yakuza 0
Monster Hunter Series
Phoenix Wright Series (elegyofgames also voiced pretty much the whole series while playing. he's got archives of all voicecasts.)
Grand Theft AutoV RP (It looks like so much fun but servers are always flooded with people trying to play)

When MKX first came out I didn't have the means to play it, so I watched hours of gameplay on YouTube and Twitch. I would even study the combos and frame rate data so that I would be prepared if I ever got the chance to play it lol.

Ive only ever played one Final Fantasy game but uh,,,, I stan them all

there are a TON of games that i really want to play, but cant because i dont have a gaming pc
however, the one game ive been itching to play since it first released was "the isle", its a dinosaur survival simulator, with the ability to choose from a wide variety of dinosaurs to play as! it looks super fun and i cant wait to eventually play it in the future

As is the case with a few other people in the thread, I'm a big fan of the Danganronpa series despite never having played it. I first encountered the series by seeing a friend play Trigger Happy Havoc and I really enjoyed the theme and gimmick behind the game. From there I also saw them play 2, then watched someone else on YouTube play Ultra Despair Girls, and finally watched the anime series that takes place after the games. I don't have any consoles that can play the Danganronpa games, so if I hadn't seen someone play it then I never would have discovered how neat of a series it is. If I actually had something to play the games on and I didn't know the plots and circumstances already, I would probably pick them up. I'm looking forward to the localization of the latest game.

I don't like it nearly as much as Danganronpa, but Phoenix Wright is much the same in that I've seen other people play the games. I enjoy them in that respect but I don't think I'd actually enjoy playing them myself.

Telltale's Walking Dead and Wolf Among Us games are good examples as well.

I don't care particularly much about The Legend of Zelda games other than Majora's Mask because of the darker tone and mask gimmick, but the series would probably also apply. If nothing else, watching people play has helped me kill some time and, depending on who was playing it, would sometimes make me laugh.

Last edited:
Quite a few online games like FFIX. It's like, I would play but I'll probably just bring everyone down. It's fun listening to Holly from PlayStation Access talk about it though.

Zelda:BOTW. I have a switch, but no money. It looks AMAZING.

Splatoon, Persona5 & Overwatch. I don't really think I'd buy a switch/wii u just for splatoon tough..
But for Overwatch, it's a little pricy here .. 70 ? for a game. But I plan on getting it anyways, it looks good :D
Same thing for Persona5 :( altough the game isn't in my language, I don't really mind this, so I plan on getting it too

Earthbound!

Imma play it soon though so it shouldn't really matter overall lol.

Splatoon 2 and MK8 Deluxe Imm very interested but I don't have. :( Hopefully soon I'll get them.

Well one is definitely Team Fortress 2. My brother has it on his PC and I don't play it because I suck at 1st person shooters, but I absolutely love to watch him play it. I also love the hilarious videos that spawn from it on youtube.

Last edited:
The Legend of Zelda series to some extent. I've played a bit of the games but not much since I suck at them. Same thing goes with Paper Mario, Super Mario RPG and any 2D Mario game (I just prefer 3D Mario games).

i'm in love with 2B's design but i haven't played nier automata yet. i would prefer to play it on a pc since i've started acquiring a small game library for my laptop already but i may have to get it for my lesser used PS4 instead since i won't be building a rig that can support it for a while.

most of the zolda games tbh- the gameplay isnt my thing but the stories and the characters are so rad
&&&&& i actually do own botw since its open world i really enjoyed the gameplay too ;w;

Splatoon... I'm currently so addicted to it. Still pretty bad at it but I'm glad I finally gave it chance. Despite the annoying wifi internet server problems >_>

- - - Post Merge - - -

Splatoon... I'm currently so addicted to it. Still pretty bad at it but I'm glad I finally gave it chance. Despite the annoying wifi internet server problems >_>

Back