• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Centered Town Plazas

primandimproper

Transgender Trainwreck
Bells
Switch
0008-9983-6893
May Birthstone (Emerald)
Tasty Cake
Isabelle
I think I want to find a map with a centered town plaza, but I've heard they can be hard to build around. Is that true?
Thanks in advance to anyone kind enough to respond.

It's true as the town plaza has a 2 tile buffer space surrounding the stone, i.e. you cannot build any project or put a house that is 3 spaces or less away from the stone.

Plazas that are next to the cliff or the tracks technically don't have this buffer space on one side as it's already very close, giving you more space in other parts of your town.

But personally I prefer centred town plazas, as they look really nice, but I would find a river that compliments the town plaza or at least doesn't take up too many acres in your town. :)

Last edited:
I see.

Its just that I'm worried about the river taking up too much space and limiting where I can build. That's what happened in past saves.

Your concern is very valid!!

I have one town with a center tree, but it all depends on the river shape.

Honestly I prefer the tree to be somewhere besides the center because that buffer can be really annoying.

There is one center map that I'll never get again - Tree in the center, big U shaped river.
I know some people landscape that map very nicely but I found it to be difficult to place anything - alt houses, villagers, PWPs.

There are other center maps that are better. Anything but the Big U! Just my opinion - good luck on your map choices :blush:

I'd only prefer the town plaza at the center if it's on a peninsula and surrounded by river. Otherwise, I like it to be on the side to save space. I figured it'd be hard to put houses and PWP's around it.

Mine is off in a corner, because my old map had it to where the town place was surrounded by river, and it was awful to work around that. I gotta admit though, center plazas look nice, especially if the town hall is right above it.

Thanks for the input, guys. All these responses have made me totally rethink the kind of lay out I want for my town map.

My town plaza is directly to the left of my train station and my town hall is directly to the left of my plaza, and the campground entrance is directly to the left of the town hall. It leaves tons of room in my town for other things. The problem is, I haven't figured out what to fill all of that space with. In addition, my villagers all seem to be clustered near the bottom right of my map. I don't plot reset, they just plot their houses there. Except for Diana, lol. She plotted right in front of my mayor's house. Totally a Diana thing to do.

I have mine pushed up literally right next to the southwest border of my town (I have a eastern beach) and it surprisingly works well, especially given the fact that Re-Tail is directly north, giving me a whole lot of room to work around (even though I have the World's Curviest River™)

Back