Does anyone use Feng Shui in their house?

Corrie

I hear the secrets that you keep...
Nature Nuts 🐿️
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Sweet Bunny Balloon
Sweet Bunny Balloon
Sweet Bunny Balloon
Sweet Bunny Balloon
Sweet Bunny Balloon
Yellow Balloon
Sweet Balloon
Pink Balloon
Sweet Balloon
Yellow Balloon
Villagers will mention it in some conversations and I've always thought about trying it out, however I wanna decorate my room they way I want and with items I want instead of following a guide. But I also wanna reap the benefits. But uh, what ARE the benefits? It just says it'll increase your luck. Luck with what? What do you gain?

I don't think it actually raises your luck, but it does increase your house value for HHA!

Personally, I never used it since I can't work it out with my furniture lol

Nope. I used to, but now I learned it doesn't make your house look pretty

I do quite a lot of Feng Shui in my house, but I try and make it as fashionable as possible. Apparently, the luck it grants is item luck (Red, Prevents fake paintings, increases the chance of new items appearing), money luck (Yellow, villagers pay more for your items, price their items less) and health luck (Green, run faster, less tripping, etc.) I find it somewhat hard to notice, though, but I don't go all out.

I don't want to place random stuff (clashing colors and types of furniture) in my rooms just to please HHA.

i use feng shui in all the rooms of my house! for a while i gave it up because of what people above are saying, it tended to disrupt the general theme of my room. recently, though, i figured out that achieving feng shui is very easy when you use items that go on top other items or on the walls. they don't overwhelm the main colors of the room since they're so small, and they beef up your HHA score considerably (which makes me happy)

green goes to the south: this is the easiest one to do, i always put plants at the bottom of the room or something of the sort.

red is the hardest because usually people's rooms aren't red, and the right side of the room is always tricky for me to begin with. for this reason i usually use red flowers or red fruit, they look tasteful and quaint

yellow goes to the left and there are many more small yellow items than red, i think. same principle goes, though: yellow flowers and lemons make this easy.

feng shui doesnt appeal to everybody but i think it adds another level of satisfaction to the interior design process. there are red, green, and yellow items that can fit to any theme and make your room really pop! its a fun challenge in my opinion :)

I plan to use it in the future. But like the people above me, I just can't get it to work and look good at the same time. If anyone has example pictures of a good-looking feng shui room, I'd love to see it. :)

I use it a little, when arranging my room i'll try get any red to the east and any yellow to the west, and i don't really have any green for the south

When I used to play wild world I had the official player guide and it had like 3 pages on feng shui and why you should do it - I was really young at the time and thought that it was like something I had to do? (My town name was "animel" - I must've been like 6.)
So BOY WAS I A STICKLER for feng shui. It's the most hideous house ever, and I'm proud to say that I copied it exactly from the wild world player guide. (I can post pictures of the guide if that'd help anyone?)

In new leaf though I hadn't even considered it and the princess set is way too pretty for me to replace it with plants or whatever haha

I do. My main room is Nintendo themed and all the red items are in the east, all the yellow items are in the west, and all the green items are in the south. It actually makes the room look rather nice and organized.

I'm the mayor. Ain't no on going to tell me how to decorate my house!

I don't want to have to redo my themed rooms, because there's not enough funk in the feng shui or the HHA isn't happy with the results. Besides, I don't remember giving the keys to my house, so a bunch of random suit and ties can invade my personal space...you got to admit, it's kind of creepy having an organization go into your house to tally results.

Back