• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Flower combinations using the same species

Feraligator

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Dusty Scroll
Yellow Candy
Orange (Fruit)
October Birthstone (Opal)
Pear (Fruit)
September Birthstone (Sapphire)
Classic Easter Egg
Classic Easter Egg
Classic Easter Egg
Classic Easter Egg
Hi,

I'm looking for input on people's favourite flower combinations using the same species e.g. black roses with white roses.

I think orange and yellow tulips go well but I'm not sure what to put with yellow roses for example.

Any input is appreciated :)

Purple and white violets are my favourite non hybrid combo. C:

I like purple and yellow roses :]
Blue and pink roses
I think even gold roses and yellow roses would look cool!

When in doubt, use complimentary colors! ^u^
Yep, I've think black and white or black and purple go nicely together :)

Yeah these look nice! I've done this by my campsite :D

I like purple and yellow roses :]
Blue and pink roses
I think even gold roses and yellow roses would look cool!

Haven't tried these yet! Haven't gotten blue roses just yet but I'm hoping to breed some. Thanks for the input! :)

I like pairing yellow and pink tulips around retail (the yellow is cute with the pink and turquoise of the building)
Also, white and red tulips at the north-western/eastern part of town (to go with a more temperate seaside theme)

I've had a seasonal change of roses in front of my Town Hall: white and pink (spring), red and yellow (summer), orange and yellow (fall), red and white (winter).

I personally really like white and yellow roses paired together! Same with orange and blue pansies, red and white tulips, and pink and yellow tulips.

Purple and blue pansies. Gold and black roses. Pink and white carnations (which are pretty common).

I usually mix species as well as colors, but for the same species, I have tried and like: orange and black cosmos; pink and white cosmos; red, yellow, and orange tulips; pink and purple roses; pink and purple tulips; orange and pink lilies; blue and orange roses.

orange, red, and yellow pansies are beautiful together. also white lilies, violets, and pansies are cute. OH and also yellow, white, and red tulips make wonderful simple paths believe it or not

Thanks for all the combinations! I shall have to try these out.

Surprisingly I'm having trouble with red roses.
I also find yellow flowers hard to pair with other ones but they do work nicely with pink and white ones.

I like red and yellow cosmos together, especially in an open, grassy area. And I know it isn't quite what you are asking, but I like to plant white cosmos in and around cedar trees, because it gives a little pop in the forest areas.

Once i got a black rose on mistake I was watering every single flower in my village but then the next day I found a black one where the two red ones were (This was in my old CRAPPY town)

Agreed. I generally don't like same species combos but these look really nice together. Forget the yellow violets though, they're so ugly and don't go with any of the other yellow flowers in my opinion.

Back