How to get villagers to request PWP?

TangyHeart

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Ok so I have tried the diving method today and yesterday three times and it's just not working. I don't know if it was removed in Welcome Amiibo, (like the net glitch RIP.. For me anyway...) or if I just can't do it... Anyone have any other ways for me to get the villagers to request the PWP? I'm sick of the ones I have now. Any ideas help, or if you could just better explain how the diving method works, since the site I was on didn't explain it very well.. Thanks for any ideas! :lemon::lemon::lemon::lemon:

ok so for the diving method what I do is: fill up your pockets with seashells, go into the ocean and wait for at least 5 min then go find a villager and they should ping you!

it may take a couple tries to get a PWP request but it almost always works for me :)

How did you do the diving method? You must swim in 5-10 mins with all of your inventory covered by flowers since villagers cant trade for them. Sometimes your villagers will say to take a break which stops them from pinging you so you need to talk to them if you think you did it correctly.
You can only have one pwp suggestion per day.
If a certain personality type suggested enough pwps they will always ping you for other stuff.

The longest it took for me to get one is 4 hours so good luck.

Lol thx I didn't know that my inv needed to be full, so that is probably why I failed.. Also do I need to swim or stay still? Thanks for your response!

I usually just fill my inventory with seashells with my megaphone, and stand/do something else away from the said villager (though I got impatient and just made dirt paths) and then hunt them down.

I unlocked three new PWPs by being a seashell hoarder.

The diving method can be done a couple different ways, but I have found this to be the most reliable, personally.

Start by equipping your wetsuit, then if you have a timer, keep it in your inventory and separate your cash into amounts of 100 bells each to fill up the rest of your bag--these will be easy to put away when you are done. If you have full letter slots, villagers cannot ask you to deliver letters or bury a time capsule, so keeping them that way can give you better chances of them asking for Public Works Projects as well. Go to the bottom leftmost or bottom rightmost point of the beach in your town, whichever you prefer, and set the timer for 5 minutes, or check your clock for an approximate timing if you don't have the timer tool. Jump into the water and swim to the corner of the map to wait for the five minutes to be up. When you get back to land, run past your villagers--one of them should ping and they just might have a PWP suggestion! Rinse and repeat~

Keep in mind that certain projects of course can only be obtained from specific personality types in villagers, so if you're after a particular Public Works Project, you might want to look into what personality would suggest it and aim to run past that type first when you get out of the water.

The diving method can be done a couple different ways, but I have found this to be the most reliable, personally.

Start by equipping your wetsuit, then if you have a timer, keep it in your inventory and separate your cash into amounts of 100 bells each to fill up the rest of your bag--these will be easy to put away when you are done. If you have full letter slots, villagers cannot ask you to deliver letters or bury a time capsule, so keeping them that way can give you better chances of them asking for Public Works Projects as well. Go to the bottom leftmost or bottom rightmost point of the beach in your town, whichever you prefer, and set the timer for 5 minutes, or check your clock for an approximate timing if you don't have the timer tool. Jump into the water and swim to the corner of the map to wait for the five minutes to be up. When you get back to land, run past your villagers--one of them should ping and they just might have a PWP suggestion! Rinse and repeat~

Keep in mind that certain projects of course can only be obtained from specific personality types in villagers, so if you're after a particular Public Works Project, you might want to look into what personality would suggest it and aim to run past that type first when you get out of the water.

Thank you! I feel like an ACNL newbie when I ask questions like this (I'm not cuz I've had the game for about 3 years X3), so it's helpful when people respond! Thanks for everyone suggestions, I'll try them all soon! (Probably later tonight, I'm leaving soon 030

Bai!!

The diving method works... but here is how I've achieved 98% of my PWPs:

LANDSCAPING

Walking around your town, planting, watering, harvesting fruit, selling at Re-Tail.

Eventually someone will be in your path and they will ping you.
I have gotten almost every jock PWP in the last week while just playing.

The diving trick is great for some people. It has worked for me but it is very tedious.
It's as if my villagers know I'm tricking them when I go diving lol.

Just offering another option in case the diving trick isn't working or too much work for you.
Good luck!!!!

Every PWP is one step closer to your dream PWPs!

Some people just get lucky with pwps and don't even have to do the diving trick or anything. Others have never get a pwp ping, even when they attempt the diving trick or any other kind of trick. It can be really annoying, especially when you can go months without a pwp being suggested.

They really need to fix that system in the next game, if it's implemented.

I personally do the diving trick once a day, and I get a PWP from it every time. Sometimes it takes a while (3 hours is the most for me), but it's pretty rewarding to get something each time.

I'm not really sure how they could fix the PWP ping system aside from just upping the chance of getting pinged, but it would be neat if maybe as a reward for doing a task, they request one? Or maybe having them send a PWP request through letters randomly?

Back