• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Any Jojo's Bizarre Adventure fans?

Buttlet32

Livin' a Quiet Life
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Mint
I think the title pretty much explains it. But in case you were too lazy to read the title like I am sometimes, I'll lay it out for you.

Is anyone on this website a fan of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure? If so, what first got you into it?

If you have seen it and are not a fan of it what led you to watch it? What are your thoughts on it?

My partner is a huge, huge fan, and so he forced me to watch a few episodes.

It's way too complex for me, though. I think it's one of those shows you have to follow from the very beginning to understand, consistently, and I just couldn't. I love the art style anyway, though.

I knew about it from memes and stuff but I started watching/reading it after I played J-Stars Victory VS

it's my favourite series ever orz

Last edited:
I'm personally a huge fan, got into it around late last year after seeing the memes and a close friend telling me about it. I read the first part in manga form, then transitioned over to the anime for now (working on finishing up the Egypt arc of part 3) and will go back into the manga to read the rest of the series at a later time. I think the series is really well done, with a lot of great humor sprinkled about, some really well-presented fight scenes, and a fantastic art style. Overall, I'd have to say it's one of my favorite anime/manga that I've stumbled upon so far!

Last edited:
I only know of it from the memes lmao. Due to them, I've been tempted to try it out but have been hesitant because it doesn't look like my genre.

I only know of it from the memes lmao. Due to them, I've been tempted to try it out but have been hesitant because it doesn't look like my genre.

That's what kept me from wanting to watch it, but when I finally watched it I was immediately hooked. Most people find Part one to be rather boring, and if that turns out to be you just know it is only nine episodes. 30 minutes each. You can finish it in under five hours.

That's what kept me from wanting to watch it, but when I finally watched it I was immediately hooked. Most people find Part one to be rather boring, and if that turns out to be you just know it is only nine episodes. 30 minutes each. You can finish it in under five hours.

Well thanks for that! I can handle boring stuff and forgive it, especially if the show is awesome afterwards. It annoys me when people can't look past it and judge the entire show based on a few episodes. -_- I watched EVERY episode of the endless eight in the melancholy of haruhi suzumiya and even though it was tedious, I respect the effort and the way kyoani handled it was good in my opinion. MANY people disagree, but I disgress haha. Getting off topic but anyway, I'll give it a shot maybe. I like the art style and art styles are my thang.~ Do you rec sub or dub? I don't care as long as the voices are good.

Well thanks for that! I can handle boring stuff and forgive it, especially if the show is awesome afterwards. It annoys me when people can't look past it and judge the entire show based on a few episodes. -_- I watched EVERY episode of the endless eight in the melancholy of haruhi suzumiya and even though it was tedious, I respect the effort and the way kyoani handled it was good in my opinion. MANY people disagree, but I disgress haha. Getting off topic but anyway, I'll give it a shot maybe. I like the art style and art styles are my thang.~ Do you rec sub or dub? I don't care as long as the voices are good.

I'll leave it up to you which is better. There's an obvious choice between the two that you'll find.

*longest yeah boi ever*

My two irl friends are the ones who got me into it. I eventually read the manga then watched the anime and it's become my favorite series.

Still haven't finished reading part seven despite that, though.

Last edited:
Oh my Gaaaaa
Hory seeeiittt

... seriously though I loved the second part. The Aztec gods of fitness were truly an inspection.

//SWEATS

I actually cosplayed as Caesar and Joseph recently lol

I've heard a lot of good things about it, and I've seen loads of rlly good fan art and cosplays but I've never actually taken the time to watch it. I need to do it someday.

That's cool :) I have a lot of respect for cosplaying.
If you're at all unsure, definitely watch the openings. They're very well done.
You've gotta accept the soap opera wrestling style plot tho.

"Run for you for liiife!"

My brothers and I watched it on toonami for the heck of it and thought it was random as hell. I think it was the episode where Jojo fought that guy with the nose ring? ANYWAYS, I watched a couple of episodes after that and I decided to watch from start to finish for some time but I never really got to it. I admit though seeing your avatar and listening to the awesome theme song has gotten me in the mood again.

I'll leave it up to you which is better. There's an obvious choice between the two that you'll find.
Such bizarreness ahahaha! The animation and Jojo's smugness are awesome! This show is like One Punch Man and Bobobo to me: Funny stupidity that mocks anime itself!

I always prefer dub over sub in anime but Jojo's dub voice is spot on!

I love JoJo's Bizarre Adventure! I haven't read/watched past Stardust Crusaders though. Part 3 was such a long part but it was so good!! The show can be just complete madness but it always leaves me ready to watch another episode.

My boyfriend is the one who got me to watch it because he spent so much time talking about it and making the show sound like the most ridiculous thing ever (which is kinda true) so I decided to start from the beginning because you really do need to know the past characters since they come back for later parts.

I'm not someone who watches much anime, I'd say barely any at all, but JoJo is pretty easy to like and I should start part 4 at some point lol

Edit: I have a hard time understanding how people can think part one is boring because omg so much happens in the first few episodes, I forgot how crazy it was. Sure, there's important story being told, but it's not boring. At least I didn't feel that way lmao

Last edited:
Been meaning to check the manga out because it looks really cool but haven't really done it.

What's the sudden craze, though... it's been out for 30 years?

Edit: I have a hard time understanding how people can think part one is boring because omg so much happens in the first few episodes, I forgot how crazy it was. Sure, there's important story being told, but it's not boring. At least I didn't feel that way lmao

Depends what you hear of Jojo before you go into it. For me part 1 was nothing like I expected since I was basically promised the craziness that happens from part 3 onward with stands etc. Part 1 is pretty tame compared to everything after it.

I liked part 1 more the second time around, after I had already gotten what I was promised from Jojo and could take it for what it was.

I still need to catch up on reading the manga but yeah it's a really fun series :p

- - - Post Merge - - -

Been meaning to check the manga out because it looks really cool but haven't really done it.

What's the sudden craze, though... it's been out for 30 years?

It's recently been on Toonami so a lot of new people have been discovering it

*longest yeah boi ever*

My two irl friends are the ones who got me into it. I eventually read the manga then watched the anime and it's become my favorite series.

Still haven't finished reading part seven despite that, though.

I won't spoil any of part seven for you, but I will say that Steel Ball Run is my favorite part so far and I highly recommend finishing and catching up on part eight. I've yet to start on part eight, but I'll get there soon. I don't know you very well, but I can assure you that you'll enjoy SBR all the way through.

Oh my Gaaaaa
Hory seeeiittt

... seriously though I loved the second part. The Aztec gods of fitness were truly an inspection.

I love Old Joseph to death. His screaming was the best. I'd say it was right up there with Echo Act 3's Dialogue. And yes Part two was really good. Wammu was my favorite. He had the most honor out of the three and I respected that.

I still need to catch up on reading the manga but yeah it's a really fun series :p

- - - Post Merge - - -

It's recently been on Toonami so a lot of new people have been discovering it

Ohh aight I have literally no idea about that. Thought it might had to with the somewhat new reprint of the manga series.. but yeah, I see then...

Back