• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What scared you as a child?

Dandelion puffs. I used to be really afraid of those cause I got one blown in my face as a kid. Probably no harm intended but yeah those freaking seeds scared me for a long while. I usually don't touch them today either but at least they don't make me panic.

Honestly a lot scared me when I was younger. I was really afraid of being alone, the dark, inflatables that you could put in your front yard during the holidays, older kids, riding a bike and being taken from my family. It's really weird. A lot I grew out of as I got older but for some reason a lot of things scared me. :eek:

the dark (and I still kind of am ahaha) I was terrified of walking alone in the house at night, esp the bathroom (there was something about all the big mirrors that freaked me out rip) surprisingly I didn't mind walking around outside after dark though??

Last edited:
wasps, still do

Yeah, have only been stung twice or so but those freakers love pooping on my food or get way too close to me.. Like bruh I'm NOT edible :(

But yeah most creepy crawlers and small flying bugs still creeps me out so yeah.

Fake Teeth - When I was 4, I remember my mum telling to take care of my teeth or else I'd end up having dentures...and then she removed hers (which apparently is a huge chunk of her bottom teeth), and that scarred me for life. If I see dentures now, especially if it has just been removed, I become hysterical.

Spiders - I have arachnophobia, because once upon a time, a jackass of a spider crawled in my shirt...and it was as big as my hand.
Cockroaches - Because they're spiders' second cousin, or something.

The dark. I used to ask my dad to go up first with me up the stairs, he would say that there was a tiger lurking and make growling noises. I'm still scared to this day about the dark, and I'm a teenager :) joy

there's this movie called arthur and the invisibles and in one scene the main character goes down this slide and lands in this golden goop that turns him into a little troll man. i was terrified of honey and maple syrup for a while because i liked my human body and i didn't want to become a troll person. looking back its kinda stupid but i still have vivid memories.

Last edited:
The Pink Panther.

There is a SpongeBob episode called The Pink Purloiner that I used to be afraid of because I thought the pink panther was in it. Funny, because The Pink Purloiner is one of my favorite episodes now.

THIS. THIS ALWAYS SCARED ME WHILE WATCHING MOVIES AT HOME :'((((

Same, I would cover my ears before I watch a movie with it every single time back then.
Now, I honestly don't care, I just wish it wasn't so loud -_-

ik this is gonna sound real dumb.

Windows XP starting noise

it frightened me as a child, so I always turned off my volume when starting up the pc

Clowns, mascots, butterflies (still a fear today. i hate them with a passion lol), and my neighbor. I have no idea why I was scared of this old lady but my sister and her friends called her the devil grandma because she could walk super fast and nobody would ever hear her till she spoke. IDK.

I don't know if anything really scared me, but I did have nightmares from watching Fire in the Sky.

Back