• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What scared you as a child?

bronze statues. after watching jason and the argonauts (1963)

my worst nightmare was Pinhead from Hellraiser

chucky. that **** scared the hell outta me when i was little and it still scares me even now

Fireworks. 4th of July and New Years were the days I dreaded the most.

I developed an intense phobia of receiving injections for a few years, and I would pass out. I'm glad that's over now. I still don't like it, but I can remain conscious afterwards!

I have also always been creeped out by vague shapes underwater in lakes, or the parts where you can't see anything, or seaweed... all of these lake experiences that contriibute to the feeling that maybe I don't really know what's down there.

Last edited:
I'm quite honestly more fearful now than I was as a child, but at least I got over my fear of hearing the toilet flush, haha.

I was such a scared kid!

I was scared of someone on the TV. I think his name was Oliver Jewelry.. I don't know why I was scared of him exactly.

Last edited:
The dark. Also, I was afraid of growing up, and now that i'm here it ain't so bad...

weirdest ones:
the woman whispering "garnier" at the end of a garnier advertisement
20th century fox theme
countdown theme

Back