Ideas for a town with an Italian theme

survivorfan111100

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
So yesterday, I started my new town Italia on a new downloadable version based on my favorite country, Italy. My goal here is to decorate and organize the town to make visitors get the whole Italian experience. Right now I need some suggestions for my town, stuff like villagers and PWPs. I already have four characters selected to represent different aspects of Italy.

Mayor: Augustus the founder of the Roman Empire
Medici: Based off the famous Medici Family who owns a museum to celebrate the Reinassance
Marco: Based off the famous merchant traveler who is a gondolier and owns a theater
Esposito: Owner of pizza parlor based off the origin of pizza
Augustus represents Rome, Medici represents Florence the birthplace of the Reinassance, Marco represents Venice, and Esposito represents the birthplace of pizza Naples.

In the comment selection below, I would really like if you could suggest any tips to make the town very fancy, along with villagers who have fancy homes and PWPs please. For example I want to use the Stonehenge to represent the Colosseum. Image of my map town is below. Thank you! :)

IMG_2333.jpg

- - - Post Merge - - -

PWPs I was considering include:
3 Cobblestone Bridges
Park Clock
Drinking Fountain
Fountain
Water Well
2 Balloon Arches
Archway Sculpture
Cube Sculpture
Hot Spring
Jungle Gym
2 Statue Fountains
Water Pump
Wisteria Trellis
Scarecrow
2 Geysers
2 Moai Statues
Stone Tablet
Stonehendge
Tire Bench
3 Metal Benches
Wooden Bench
Chair Sculpture
Picnic Blanket

Maybe Chevre and Tipper could be villagers, here in Italy we have lots of green and we are famous for wine and cheese, so cows and goats could fit I guess :3

I really like the idea of Chevre, since here her house is nice. I like Tipper's interior design, but don't care for cows that much. But I am considering Chervre, good idea.

make use of all the signs! use cutouts too, with designs of famous italian landmarks, maybe? :)

Maybe Augustus could have the Motherly Statue somewhere in his home? (Since it's Romulus and Remus, after all. :) )

There used to be a really awesome dream town called Sepaly, which was Greco-Roman themed. I remember the creator had several shrine areas, one of them being a secluded statue fountain with fruit basket offerings and flowers all around. It had a sign indicating there was a sacred shrine ahead. (I wish that town would be updated!)

I'm really excited to see what you do with your town. Your character ideas are so cool!

I don't know...maybe Knox the chicken near the Colosseum? He has that gladiator-esque armor.

Maybe Augustus could have the Motherly Statue somewhere in his home? (Since it's Romulus and Remus, after all. :) )

There used to be a really awesome dream town called Sepaly, which was Greco-Roman themed. I remember the creator had several shrine areas, one of them being a secluded statue fountain with fruit basket offerings and flowers all around. It had a sign indicating there was a sacred shrine ahead. (I wish that town would be updated!)

I'm really excited to see what you do with your town. Your character ideas are so cool!

I am going to somehow use shrines in my town, I just need to learn how to create them. With the statue fountain, I was thinking it could be the Trevi Fountain but maybe I'll just use the normal fountain for it. Oh and your Motherly Statue idea is amazing and it makes me want a female wolf representing the she-wolf. Would Freya or Whitney work the best? Also I wish I could've seen Sepaly, do you remember where you saw the town or the creator by any chance?

- - - Post Merge - - -

I don't know...maybe Knox the chicken near the Colosseum? He has that gladiator-esque armor.

Funny thing is Knox was one of my starting villagers who is blocking my bridge right now :mad:

I am going to somehow use shrines in my town, I just need to learn how to create them. With the statue fountain, I was thinking it could be the Trevi Fountain but maybe I'll just use the normal fountain for it. Oh and your Motherly Statue idea is amazing and it makes me want a female wolf representing the she-wolf. Would Freya or Whitney work the best? Also I wish I could've seen Sepaly, do you remember where you saw the town or the creator by any chance?

Thank you! :) Ooh, yes, I think the regular fountain would be great as the Trevi Fountain. (Maybe you could place a bridal veil or something at the fountain to represent all the weddings & engagements that take place there?)
Nice wolf idea! I think either Freya or Whitney would work well; I like that Whitney is a natural color and is a snooty. There's also Vivian, the snooty wolf from Welcome Amiibo, if you have access to her.

Sepaly's creator still has her Tumblr up here; she always seemed nice and she said her husband made a lot of her patterns.

Thank you! :) Ooh, yes, I think the regular fountain would be great as the Trevi Fountain. (Maybe you could place a bridal veil or something at the fountain to represent all the weddings & engagements that take place there?)
Nice wolf idea! I think either Freya or Whitney would work well; I like that Whitney is a natural color and is a snooty. There's also Vivian, the snooty wolf from Welcome Amiibo, if you have access to her.

Sepaly's creator still has her Tumblr up here; she always seemed nice and she said her husband made a lot of her patterns.

Wow her town is amazing and the secret shrine looks so cool, if only I could visit her dream address. My favorite part had to be that little topiary park she had with the zen bench, gorgeous! Love your bridal veil idea too. Do you have any suggestions on what I should put in front of Town Hall because there's a very annoying rock right below it :mad:

- - - Post Merge - - -

You definitely need Anicotti!!

I like how Anicotti refers to a famous Italian dish, but I kind of prefer Bettina over any of the other mice.

- - - Post Merge - - -

You could have lion villagers next to the colosseum.

Do you have any lion villagers to recommend? Personally I really love Elvis' house but Leopold is my favorite design.

Do you have any lion villagers to recommend? Personally I really love Elvis' house but Leopold is my favorite design.
You could always have both! If you had to pick one, then I would chose based on how often you actually go into your villagers' houses (I know I don't). If I were to make a suggestion, I would go with Leopold because I rarely go into the houses of villagers when visiting another town (they aren't as interesting as the creator's customization of the town as a whole IMO).

Chadder! It was even mentioned earlier that Italy is well known for cheese c:!

I also agree with Cousteau, just change his catchphrase to something a little more Italian though :)

High class villagers would be your best bet so snooty villagers would be cool. Also maybe make it more old fashioned (cobbled roads, fountain centerpieces, orange pink and purple flowers, a fiery sunset, etc.). I'm just pitching ideas though, you can do whatever you want with your town.

Back