• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Buying items from villagers' houses

HappyTails

On Indefinite Hiatus
Bells
I like buying items from villager's houses because sometimes they have pretty cool things. I just bought a wall fan from Peewee. I know, a blah wall fan but I like having wall fans in my house from some reason.

Although sometimes i feel like they jack the price up. 1500 bells for a wall fan?

i got biskits tv in my other town i restarted, and i thought it was a steal, even tho i forgot the price and it was expensive...

tbh i buy furniture because it looks dumb in their houses... so i guess i'm doing my villagers a favor??? haha

like for instance, ruby had me come over, like, 25 minutes ago, and she has this lovely space-themed room (her original room looks like this: x). i went in today, and she'd placed a random alpine dresser in there and i was like "hun-ny! that has got to go" so i bought it off her. i've been trying my best to keep ruby's house mostly original (or at least pretty space-themed)- she's the one villager whose house i'm trying to salvage ;;;

please ruby i'm doing my best

tbh i buy furniture because it looks dumb in their houses... so i guess i'm doing my villagers a favor??? haha

like for instance, ruby had me come over, like, 25 minutes ago, and she has this lovely space-themed room (her original room looks like this: x). i went in today, and she'd placed a random alpine dresser in there and i was like "hun-ny! that has got to go" so i bought it off her. i've been trying my best to keep ruby's house mostly original (or at least pretty space-themed)- she's the one villager whose house i'm trying to salvage ;;;

please ruby i'm doing my best

i do the same thing! i hate when they put random clothes or furniture on display in their house when it doesn't match the rest of their room, so i always buy it from them

Butch has a 4-leaf clover in his house (so it takes the form of a book) and I was dying to buy it off him, but we can't buy stuff on top of other stuff. Luckily, he gifted me it as a thank you for fruit later. :)

i do the same thing! i hate when they put random clothes or furniture on display in their house when it doesn't match the rest of their room, so i always buy it from them

I do this as well. I try to buy the things that don't fit with the rest of their room even if I personally don't like it. If I don't like it, I just immediately sell it at ReTail.

Nana's house is constantly changing bc i keep giving her gifts. XD
So whenever i accidentally give her one that doesnt look good in her house I would buy it out.

Hm. I guess they could jack up the prices, but I'm usually carry so much dough, it barely makes a dent.

I do the buy-fix-it-up method too if their home is terrible.

I'm relieved when my villagers ask for me to come over because then I can buy the random furniture they've accumulated and undo the damage. I don't like seeing villagers ruin the theme of their room with a random item they acquired somehow. What I really hate is when they put something ugly on top of a table so they can't sell it to you :mad:

Back