• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

I need severe help?? (not so severe now, thanks)

Bunnilla

gone
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Tasty Cake
Holiday Candy Cane 2016
Purple Candy
Red Candy
Father's Day Carnation
Mother's Day Carnation
Pikachu Easter Egg
Pikachu Easter Egg
Sakura Easter Egg
Sakura Easter Egg
So last year I bought this oc: https://toyhou.se/511931.kaori
off of this person http://www.belltreeforums.com/member.php?75944-acnlsofia
And everything was fine and dandy until I started searching the images, and found that on deviant

someone still has art of the character?
http://xobelletvxo.deviantart.com/
http://elsychan.deviantart.com/art/C-xobelletvxo-596968017
I have no idea if this is the same person that sold her to me, but I'm very confused to say the least because they have an image of her as the pfp, but it might be them and they left the account.
Like I really need help, also if this character was sold to me I think it's legit since she gave me unwatermarked hd images that I haven't seen elsewhere and she seemed good, so idk

Maybe the other person just copied it? Sometimes it's hard to tell. I myself don't buy OCs since I'm worried about things like this happening. Either way, you did buy the character, so it should be yours to use, even if it's someone elses, too.

Maybe the other person just copied it? Sometimes it's hard to tell. I myself don't buy OCs since I'm worried about things like this happening. Either way, you did buy the character, so it should be yours to use, even if it's someone elses, too.

Thanks, I was also gonna say I seem like the only one who cares for her at this point in 2017, so might as well have her?
I'm trying to contact the 2 artists I found and see if they can give me some insight

Thanks, I was also gonna say I seem like the only one who cares for her at this point in 2017, so might as well have her?
I'm trying to contact the 2 artists I found and see if they can give me some insight

That's what I think! It's not like you stole her, you were under the impression you legit bought her (which still may be the case). You are trying to contact them and doing everything you can, you are at no fault, and unless otherwise is discovered, I believe she is yours to use! ^-^

From what I've seen, I think that person is the same one who sold the character to you. Do you remember the exact date you were sold the character? Maybe try comparing dates of that art of her vs when you got her.

From what I've seen, I think that person is the same one who sold the character to you. Do you remember the exact date you were sold the character? Maybe try comparing dates of that art of her vs when you got her.

hmm I can probably dig through some threads to see and compare
I'll do it in a bit, I have to go eat lunch :T

hmm I can probably dig through some threads to see and compare
I'll do it in a bit, I have to go eat lunch :T

Yeah, def! The dates will be very important. It's a possibility that was art they got of her before selling her to you or something & maybe forgot, idk. They haven't been active on their dA so I'm doubting you'll get a response from them.

Definitely verify with the artists they commissioned. It's likely they may still have the date they PayPal'd them or something.

I checked, both of the artworks I found on deviant were made before she sold her to me?. One was made in at least January 24th 2016, and the other in at least March 16th 2016, and she sold her to me on 8/02/2016 or around there

Last edited:
Aw, dude. This really sucks, hopeful you haven't been scammed.

I checked, both of the artworks I found on deviant were made before she sold her to me?. One was made in at least January 24th 2016, and the other in at least March 16th 2016, and she sold her to me on 8/02/2016 or around there

Ah okay, then I'm pretty sure that person is the same one who sold her to you judging by their nickname on their dA is part of their TBT username. I'm sure you're fine! :)

Ah okay, then I'm pretty sure that person is the same one who sold her to you judging by their nickname on their dA is part of their TBT username. I'm sure you're fine! :)

Ah I see it
Sof
Well hopefully, if so I just want her to remove the images just in case someone could steal it, since there is an hd image of her on the profile

- - - Post Merge - - -

Found another artist from January 9th 2016 which I have the image of: http://oldivory.deviantart.com/ http://sta.sh/01fwykjg2wuj

hope you get this sorted out bunn!

also on another note, i justed realized she looks like Kaori from Your Lie in April omfg

hope you get this sorted out bunn!

also on another note, i justed realized she looks like Kaori from Your Lie in April omfg

yeah the thing is she never came with a name and around that time I watched ylia so I named her Kaori in the meanwhile and amye.miller did art of her but put Kaori in the background so it just stayed like that, I would change it though
I'm pretty sure she's supposed to be based off her though

edit: WAIT LMAO I'M STUPID
Okay I'll probably change her name soon, I'm just bad at thinking of them

Last edited:
Found another artist from January 9th 2016 which I have the image of: http://oldivory.deviantart.com/ http://sta.sh/01fwykjg2wuj

Judging by the dates, yeah, it's def prior to her selling Kaori to you. It looks like that artist has a new account so the one you're linking to is inactive. Their new account is here.

Come to think of it, she does bear a lot of resemblance to Kaori Miyazono from Your Lie in April.

Either way, good luck! I hope it works out.

Judging by the dates, yeah, it's def prior to her selling Kaori to you. It looks like that artist has a new account so the one you're linking to is inactive. Their new account is here.

Come to think of it, she does bear a lot of resemblance to Kaori Miyazono from Your Lie in April.

Either way, good luck! I hope it works out.

I did find out their new account lol, I just forgot to edit that
I noted both artists, so hopefully I can get a reply

- - - Post Merge - - -

So both replied, one seemed kinda not too happy about me messaging them? lol
but the other said they got the commission from the account I linked with her art so they don't know, and always put a watermark on it (risa), so I guess that image was legit at least?

- - - Post Merge - - -

They also said if I wanted for them to resend the artwork I would need permission from the commissioner (person that has been inactive for 1 month, so ???) because doing so would break their TOS :T........

I did find out their new account lol, I just forgot to edit that
I noted both artists, so hopefully I can get a reply

- - - Post Merge - - -

So both replied, one seemed kinda not too happy about me messaging them? lol
but the other said they got the commission from the account I linked with her art so they don't know, and always put a watermark on it (risa), so I guess that image was legit at least?

- - - Post Merge - - -

They also said if I wanted for them to resend the artwork I would need permission from the commissioner (person that has been inactive for 1 month, so ???) because doing so would break their TOS :T........

Oh, that's pretty crappy. I can see why they're hesitant but I suppose it doesn't help that the person who sold Kaori is no longer active. the best thing you can do right now is to wait for response from the person who sold you Kaori but because of their inactivity on here and dA, it seems unlikely you'll hear back.

When you were first sold Kaori, did the person mention she'd come with all the art that was commissioned with her or only a few or none? Because if it's none or only a few, then I think there's not much you can do unfortunately. If they said she'd come with all the art commissioned, then I think you may have a case. I'm not too knowledgeable on adopt etiquette so I'd recommend making a thread on Toyhouse's General section and ask for the option of other artists/buyers to get a better idea. Just be aware you may not hear back from Kaori's previous owner. D:

Oh, that's pretty crappy. I can see why they're hesitant but I suppose it doesn't help that the person who sold Kaori is no longer active. the best thing you can do right now is to wait for response from the person who sold you Kaori but because of their inactivity on here and dA, it seems unlikely you'll hear back.

When you were first sold Kaori, did the person mention she'd come with all the art that was commissioned with her or only a few or none? Because if it's none or only a few, then I think there's not much you can do unfortunately. If they said she'd come with all the art commissioned, then I think you may have a case. I'm not too knowledgeable on adopt etiquette so I'd recommend making a thread on Toyhouse's General section and ask for the option of other artists/buyers to get a better idea. Just be aware you may not hear back from Kaori's previous owner. D:

It said she would come with all of it (btw this art of the TOS person I already have but there seems to be a bigger higher quality version and the one I have seems kinda resized?...)

It said she would come with all of it (btw this art of the TOS person I already have but there seems to be a bigger higher quality version and the one I have seems kinda resized?...)

Okay. Hmm. I'd recommend linking the other artist Kaori's previous owner's TOS and probably the thread you bought her at to show as proof you were sold the character along with the rest of the art you have to show further proof. But it's likely the other artist may still say to ask the previous owner about it regardless. I'd give it a try, though. ^^;

"I will still follow as stated earlier. Even if provided proof, i'm unsure if proof is even adquate at this point as the commission er still uses the character on her deviantart and still prefer to get direct approval from the commissioner before taking any action that may infringe on our agreement.

I don't see too much of a problem waiting for a response.

So i apologize i will not provide such to you unless i hear from the commissioner."

'-' sigh
It was this artwork
flh5Wp4.png

and the version I'm asking for is this one
http://xobelletvxo.deviantart.com/art/C-Caring-Cutie-Speedpaint-586531241
see what I'm sayin

"I will still follow as stated earlier. Even if provided proof, i'm unsure if proof is even adquate at this point as the commission er still uses the character on her deviantart and still prefer to get direct approval from the commissioner before taking any action that may infringe on our agreement.

I don't see too much of a problem waiting for a response.

So i apologize i will not provide such to you unless i hear from the commissioner."

'-' sigh
It was this artwork
flh5Wp4.png

and the version I'm asking for is this one
http://xobelletvxo.deviantart.com/art/C-Caring-Cutie-Speedpaint-586531241
see what I'm sayin

Yeah, I had a feeling they'd say that. Be sure to thank them anyway and say that you'll get in touch with Kaori's previous owner. I think it's pretty crappy of the previous owner not providing the art to you when sold and still having images on their dA despite selling her to you. That's already kinda fishy enough.

The best thing you can do for now is to wait if Kaori's previous owner logs back on. I'm sorry you're going through this. D:

Back