I need severe help?? (not so severe now, thanks)

At least the sticker chibi artist is helping me lmao, so I'm talking to them about it to see if they know

My two cents:

Kaori from that anime has a pretty generic design so I don't see much of a problem that they look similar.
I think the user who commissioned the works is the same user who sold the oc to you(as Chicha pointed out) but perhaps their dA account is inactive and they forgot to remove the drawings.
I disagree with thinking it is OK to use a character even though one has been scammed. In that case, it's very unfortunate but the buyer would have to sort things out with the creator(s) and maybe do an artist beware if the seller doesn't respond.
It is /not/ the designer's/artist's responsibility to grant permission to use if their design has been sold without their consent.
I advise doing a thorough research before buying adopts, and I'd personally always buy from the original artist than a reseller;;

Anyway I hope you can still contact them somehow and it works out for you bun--!

My two cents:

Kaori from that anime has a pretty generic design so I don't see much of a problem that they look similar.
I think the user who commissioned the works is the same user who sold the oc to you(as Chicha pointed out) but perhaps their dA account is inactive and they forgot to remove the drawings.
I disagree with thinking it is OK to use a character even though one has been scammed. In that case, it's very unfortunate but the buyer would have to sort things out with the creator(s) and maybe do an artist beware if the seller doesn't respond.
It is /not/ the designer's/artist's responsibility to grant permission to use if their design has been sold without their consent.
I advise doing a thorough research before buying adopts, and I'd personally always buy from the original artist than a reseller;;

Anyway I hope you can still contact them somehow and it works out for you bun--!

Thank you! I don't think I got scammed since like Chicha said there are some correlations between the unused deviant account and the TBT account
And again it's not the design, it's that the art I have was actually commissioned from the person and I have it lol I saw the linking to the unused deviant account with the artists
I also agree with that maybe they put those images before they sold her to me and left the account, that's what I'm believing rn
Hopefully they come back bc if I could talk to the person, then all would get sorted out c_c I don't want to make this a huge deal. It seems more like the art that should be under my rights is just reuploaded on their account, and I don't want anyone to steal it especially if it was never stated who the oc belongs to now on deviant and it being inactive ;;

edit: I got a reply from the sticker chibi artist, they said they did the commission using a linked dress from animal crossing? so they think it is the same person

Back