• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Interest Check: a new kind of art-buying thread. NEED ARTIST INPUT!!

punctuallyAbsent

please don't message me about my collectibles
Bells
Switch
1884-1888-1873
Blue Rosewater Potion
Gleaming Butterfly Spirit
Bluebird of Happiness Plush
Glowing Butterfly Spirit
Rosewater Potion
Celeste Chick Plush
Blue Star Fragment
Red Star Fragment
Purple Star Fragment
Sheep Plush
so i had an idea.

i already sell landscaping supplies for tbt and then buy art with what i earn.. but would any artists out there be interested in doing art for the landscaping stuff itself?

i want to open a mayor/oc art buying thread where i exchange clovers, flowers, starts, saplings and fertilizer for art. i was thinking these as general exchange rates?

fullbody/chibi = 200 items
thigh-up/large pixel = 175 items
waist-up = 150 items
bust/small pixel = 100 items
headshot/icon = 50 items

i need artists' opinions especially, since y'all would be the ones getting the items! please post your thoughts ♡

Last edited:
Um I think you would barely get any service at all bc people have tried selling directly hybrids for art and they had gotten like no one. Idk my opinion, artists prefer TBT over any acnl things though since you can just end up using the TBT for what you want specifically.
Your things are pretty fair, I'm just saying it might be kinda hard getting trades...

As an artist, I can definitely say you're likely going to have a hard time finding artists who are willing. Most people on here (esp artists) are either no longer active with their towns (or have lost interest) or already got everything since the game's been out for years. Maybe tumblr might work?

I would continue selling landscaping stuff for TBT in the meantime. From all the time I've been active on this site, I've only see landscaping items for art work very few times. I've commissioned an artist with acnl items sometime last year and if I recall correctly, it took about 200+ items for a bust. I want to say it was a combination of hybrids, lucky clovers, & bush starts. You could still try, you never know! :)

As an artist, I can definitely say you're likely going to have a hard time finding artists who are willing. Most people on here (esp artists) are either no longer active with their towns (or have lost interest) or already got everything since the game's been out for years. Maybe tumblr might work?

I would continue selling landscaping stuff for TBT in the meantime. From all the time I've been active on this site, I've only see landscaping items for art work very few times. I've commissioned an artist with acnl items sometime last year and if I recall correctly, it took about 200+ items for a bust. I want to say it was a combination of hybrids, lucky clovers, & bush starts. You could still try, you never know! :)

Back