• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Ideas for New Tools for Future Versions

alwayscoffee

Bells
I was thinking that having a metal detector tool that you could use to look for buried treasure, coins, etc. would be a really cool option for a new Animal Crossing. You could take it out and it would work kind of like the real thing with beeping getting quicker as you approach something. Locations would not be marked with an "X" like the fossils and gyroids are now. Then you could use your shovel to dig it up.

Anyone else have an idea for a new tool you could use in an upcoming version of Animal Crossing?

A pike that lets you destroy rocks. You destroy a rock and the next day another will spawn in a random spot. That way you will be able to change the placement without affecting the total number. Oh, and also this should be the way to get ores now instead of hitting them with the shovel.

Last edited:
I can see the metal detector idea also be used to find the money/ore rock for the day. I suppose it would save a small amount of time instead of hitting them all with your shovel.

What Mu suggested sounds really good considering most all the players who don't hack their towns dislike the placement of some of their rocks

ahhh all of these ideas are great~!!
and this isn't really a tool, but I've seen a couple people talk about wanting a tool box in the next game - kind of like a separate inventory to store tools, so they don't take up all the space in the player's pockets?

maybe something like a lamp or a flashlight that lets you find secret objects/ goodies that only come out at night.

Maybe a teleporter could work. You could build some sort of portal PWP and have a remote control tool that allows you to teleport to those portals.

metal detector, I think it would be cute to have one of those old useless fish trackers that literally ever dad ever owns yet it doesn't even work right, walkie talkies idk what their purpose would be but that would be cool, maybe a water bucket so you can actually choose where and how big your ponds are? A drill so you can get rid of rocks in crappy places and wait for a new permanent one to spawn.

Back