• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Fan made Amiibo Cards?

Blueskyy

You gotta know that the sky belongs to no one.
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Christmas Candy
Green Star Fragment
Holiday Candy Cane 2021
Daisy Easter Egg
Prismatic Easter Egg
Happy Ditto Easter Egg
Sakura Easter Egg
Pikachu Easter Egg
Yoshi Easter Egg
I just bought a Felyne fan made amiibo card because it is a lot cheaper than tracking down the amiibo figure I'd need and I really wanted access to Felyne because Im getting back into the game. Has anyone had experience with fan made amiibo? I am assuming it will work fine and reviews said they did...but guess I will have to wait and see!

I have some fanmade Sanrio ones because people were charging like a ridiculous amount for a pack of cards. I hate scalpers jfc ; -;

But ya they work perfectly fine!! I can scan them in just like official ones ^-^ I ended up saving a ton of money!!

Last edited:
I haven't personally, I'm too afraid it wont work right. I prefer the figures anyway. I'm curious about this though i hope yours works!

I have some fanmade Sanrio ones because people were charging like a ridiculous for a pack of cards. I hate scalpers jfc ; -;

But ya they work perfectly fine!! I can scan them in just like official ones ^-^

Awesome I'm excited about it. They were selling all the link, Splatoon, and Felyne cards BUT Felyne is all I wanted. Awesome!

- - - Post Merge - - -

I haven't personally, I'm too afraid it wont work right. I prefer the figures anyway. I'm curious about this though i hope yours works!

Thanks! Reviews from buyers seemed to say it did but we will see. It wasn't too much money. Well...a lot for a card of course but still.

yesss, they should work the same! the people who make the lovely art for these cards have to buy the original card first so they have the chip that links up to your nfc reader/new ds model! the cards wouldn't work without the chip, so they're included in fan-made amiibos :)

I also bought a set of fan made Sanrio cards and they work just like the authentic cards.The artwork's colors are a bit off and the actual cards are thinner and more flimsy than the real thing but you can get the whole set for around 25-30 Yankee dollars.

Last edited:
I also bought a set of fan made Sanrio cards and they work just like the authentic cards.The artwork's colors are a bit off and the actual cards are thinner and more flimsy than the real thing but you can get the whole set for around 25-30 Yankee dollars.

Awesome! I lucked out and got the Sanrio set from GAME a while ago or I would've probably as well. But I did miss out on Felyne because I wasn't willing to buy the amiibo for him. So even if the artwork is off it'll be ok!!

I have a set of Sanrio fan-made cards on the way. I usually prefer to buy original, but the sets I have seen online are near $100, which is far too much. This will work much better, for me.

Back