• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What is a 'happy life' in your opinion?

Being financially secure, having a home to call my own, having my nerd collection back, kitties, and a library card with no late fees.

Last edited:
having a happy life is where you are completely content with whatever situation you are in.

I personally just want to be financially stable and have a full-time job I enjoy.

Good question. To be healthy, happy, and stress free. Also: to live a meaningful life. Definitely struggling with the last point. Trying to worry less about my appearance and superficial items/relationships.

Last edited:
I believe what makes a happy life should be defined by what you personally find joy in, the answer may be very different for a lot of people.

I don't have any exact criteria for a happy life, other than being happy, being as healthy as I can be, and doing what I thinks right while trying to live without any regrets.

It just annoys me how people are so damn fixated on success, honestly. Being successful is sometimes for show but doesn't always make someone happy.

Being financially secure, having animal friends, having my own place to call home, being fulfilled, basically most of what other people have said.

- a good paying job that i somewhat enjoy
- friends
- family
- a nice cozy house that makes me feel safe
- enough money to support myself and maybe to spend on hobbies and stuff
- a peaceful life
- a lover maybe?

In my own opinion, my own happy life would be something like this:
(prepare for my overly specific essay-length paragraph of a dream future of mine where I'd be happy, as it's what comes to my brain when I imagine a happy life for myself)
I'd be living with a friend or two, maybe a significant other. We could have an apartment or a real house, either would be fine. I'd have so many pets; at least some cats, dogs, snakes, bunnies, ferrets, and iguanas (Though I'd also love to have some sugar gliders, bearded dragons, geckos, guinea pigs, hamsters, chameleons, chinchillas, and anything else I could think of). I'd have a simple job, I'd maybe work in retail or as a waitress, with a side job as a babysitter. I'd go to the gym at least twice a week, and I'd maintain a weight no higher than 90 lbs (it's unhealthy, I know, but that's what my brain sees as happiness for me). I'd be a vegetarian or vegan, and my diet would mostly consist of raw fruits and vegetables. I'd have an active social life, with lots of friends. I'd have to work a few extra hours to save up when I'd wanna buy something special, but I wouldn't have to worry much about having enough money to pay my bills. I'd spend my free time reading, watching movies, playing video games, and hanging out with my friends. I'd be an active Wiccan, with passion for my religion. My mental health would be strong, and I'd mediate every morning. I'd have confidence to do spontaneous and dumb ****, but I'd be smart enough to know my limits. I'd have a garden too, and lots of plants inside my house :)

Man, writing all of that out made me so happy and motivated lmao

a life that, in the end, you feel satisfied and content with

a balance betwene happiness, money, freedom, family, friends, safety and good hobbies :)

Last edited:
Being able to support myself in my dream career. I'm in my dream career but it's a struggle to support myself at the moment lmao.

Eating chicken nuggers every day until my body eventually gives out.

-Having everyday feel a little new (my life is stale af)
-Being able to have some sort of stable income (my wings have been clipped and I've fallen into an endless pit)
-Having more alone time (I'm usually surrounded by family which I do enjoy but it feels like they're feeding off my life force)
-Making new friends (I'm awkward beyond belief irl so that's a challenge)

I think that's all I need to be happy in life.

Last edited:
Having family and friends that love and care for you but that never happened to me because my family and friends hate me because I'm a furry

Back