You know what I want

pastellrain

creator of whimsica
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Orange (Fruit)
I wish there was a "find friends in your area" type of thing so you can find friends you can actually hang out with irl lol

If it does exist I can imagine a lot of creeps using it however... which is why my parents would NEVER let me use it. (I swear creeps ruin everything :u)

Like it doesn't even have to be a date... I'm just a lonely potato who wants irl friends is that too much to ask

I looked it up and it turns out there is a few apps like the ones you describe. Keep in mind that I have never tried this apps and I have no idea how well they work.
1. Tinder Social
2. ATLETO
3. Bumble BFF
4. Meet My Dog
5. Squad
6. CLIQ
7. SKout
A few of these are for more specific things like the Meet My Dog app is for finding other dog owners to hang out with, but I hope a few of these will work for you.

Just be safe if you do decide to use something like that

But in the meantime, I will be your friend!

Same. I hate my area tbh all the guys at my area do is drink and do stupid ****. It's hard to find a decent person among a sea of *******s.

The ones I've tried everyone is there using it as a dating site anyways, it kind of sucks cause I just want to meet cool people to talk to and hang out with but literally everyone uses them for dating even when it's made clear that's not the point of it...

I tried using Yik Yak but it was just people wanting to hook up, sell textbooks, and buy drugs

People in my town are boring lol

Your parents are right. Most the apps made for meeting people in your area are used for hook ups. Or, at least, that's been my experience.

Unfortunately we live in a world where everything is disposable. Even people and friendships. As pretty much everyone above has said, any location based social app ends up being used to quick hookups and nameless flings, despite whatever the intent of the app might have been. Hell, most social networking sites I've been up have basically ended up with very fleeting friendships, as people/friends get passed over for popularity/fame.

It's sort of depressing when I think about the fact that I'm 32, and I've lost count of have "friends" I've made and lost over the years on countless social sites. Some people were close friends that I could confide into, but once one of us stopped using a particular site and despite having other contact details, any sort of communication dried up. I think there's maybe 2 people that I keep in regular contact with that I met on social sites (3 if you include my girlfriend).

Then again I could just be overly cynical, and an introvert that is somewhat hypocritical as I've been using stress, work and family issues as excuses to avoid hanging out with my IRL friends that I've known since my teens.

I'd like this too! there's not really an app just for making friends. Like you input your interests/hobbies and it finds you similar people in your area. However, I can see how that would go real bad real fast due to the morons of the world.

I'd like this too! there's not really an app just for making friends. Like you input your interests/hobbies and it finds you similar people in your area. However, I can see how that would go real bad real fast due to the morons of the world.

The closest thing to that is a site called Meetup.com Despite the name, it isn't for hookups, but instead a social network for interest groups.

The closest thing to that is a site called Meetup.com Despite the name, it isn't for hookups, but instead a social network for interest groups.

i know, I've tried there. Nothing in my suckish area interested me. But maybe I'm being too picky...

Back