I actually like seeing my grass deteriorate lol

pastellrain

creator of whimsica
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Orange (Fruit)
It's a weird obsession I have, but ever since I found out about grass deterioration, I wanted to see it for myself. I just find it interesting for no good reason.

I usually never actively play AC for more than two months at a time (I get a bit bored after that) so I never really saw my grass deteriorate to a big extent before. Haha.

Also it never seems to deteriorate where I walk the most? Like, it never makes "paths". I just get dirt patches in random places, and they get bigger EVER SO SLIGHTLY.

Well... I'm weird aren't I...

Last edited:
You certainly sound like you're in the minority. They need to start selling cactuses to plant outside so you can truly get the arid look.

I'm kinda the same way, when I found out about it, I was determined to make paths this way. It was a lot harder than I thought and I eventually gave up. I like when a villager moves away so you can watch the grass regrow where their house used to be. The grass is one of my favorite secret mechanics :)

A desert town sounds cool but it's not what I'm going for lol.

I just like seeing my grass deteriorate for the same reason I pick at my scabs (sorry if TMI)

Basically it's like an addiction that not even you yourself can understand.

The dirt spreading slightly is the very slight start of it. I'm making dirt paths now. Almost given up 500 times but eh. I'm trying. Definitely not in the minority my town grass will NOT die uhg.

I just like seeing my grass deteriorate for the same reason I pick at my scabs (sorry if TMI)

Basically it's like an addiction that not even you yourself can understand.

I always thought it was just something to fiddle with, but then you end up leaving scars behind.

I don't think I've every really seen much grass deterioration. Do you have pictures of your town? I could also just google it. I've heard about it, but never truly seen it. Or maybe I just don't notice.

I enjoy it so much! When I pulled up all of the patterns to go for a natural look in my village I was left with beautiful paths. I opted for the grass paths in the end but had to give up due to dwindling interest and not maintaining them.

Back