• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Hacker Bullies

Paperboy012305

MK8 Male Villager Main
Orange 🍊
Persimmon 🍅
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
4834-0712-4510
Red Balloon
Sweet Bunny Balloon
Toy Hammer
Sweet Bunny Balloon
Red Balloon
Orange Heart Balloon
Orange Balloon
Perfect Orange
Orange Balloon
Orange Heart Balloon
(If you staff are seeing this, this is talking about other hackers, not how to hack. So you may lock this up if it gets serious, not by hacking itself)

So, i've been meeting good and bad hackers. The good ones give away items for free, and the bad ones trap you, I mean, I seen a miiverse post of a girl being trapped by un-removable holes, and I've seen some innocent people at the island being tortured by hackers by trapping them with their wicked tricks.

There's nothing we can do to stop these hacker bullies from appearing. We can however, block them from the island if you see their dirty trapping and make a run for it. And if you've seen them at town, well, its harder than the island. Just ban them and ask a nice hacker to remove them for you. (If you can find one that is....)

Have you seen these hacker bullies? Rant in your posts if you did. And pardon all of this and have mercy on you staff if this is irrelevant.

nah this isn't irrelevant and i never knew it were possible either for people to hack whilst online ;O i'm sort of intrigued.. did you take any screenshots of 'em in action?

Unfortunately, I did not. I don't have the device to put my micro sd card in the laptop.

I'm not surprised that some players would behave this way (let's face it, even something as pure as AC isn't save from jerks) but am amazed how they're even doing that.
It's idiots like this who give hacking a bad reputation, though. Sorry for anyone having to deal with them o.?

I saw a hacker who had doge as his TPC picture and claimed to be a five year old looking for weed. I knew that he was trolling, but the other two people on the island took him completely seriously and were concerned. In hindsight I guess it probably looked bad when I said "lmao bye good luck with your weed" and left the island. We all make mistakes. ?\_(ツ)_/?

I've ran into good hackers and iffy hackers. Like if I would've provoked them they would've trapped me or something mean. I got outta there fast.

Last edited:
Wow that's crazy. I wonder how they were even able to do that. Doesn't saving the game and restarting it patch up holes? They can't bury anything in it either?

Last edited:
I didn't realise that holes can now be made unfillable - bad news.
If hacking has got to this level, then we are back to acww days.
Wifi with players you get to know first. (via the boards & see how they post).

I didn't realise that holes can now be made unfillable - bad news.
If hacking has got to this level, then we are back to acww days.
Wifi with players you get to know first. (via the boards & see how they post).

That's my worry, I couldn't have people over to my WW town so didn't experience it but I read about people who had their cartridge bricked by hackers seeding lots of the same buildings or rocks etc, nasty. I feel so sorry for that person I'd be so upset if that happened to any of my New Leaf games.

Yes, I've been hacked like this before. This was literally a week after my town was created.
At first, a 'trader' came into my town.
On my concrete, she laid pitfalls all around my train station.
What was even worse was that my mayor's house was right next to the Train Station.
So, she took that to an advantage and took the chance to bury those pitfalls around my house.
I knew what she was doing, so I quickly ended the multiplayer session, before she put more pitfalls around my villager's houses.
So, when she was gone, I dug up all the pitfalls, but it turned out that they were endless pitfalls.
This means that whenever you dig them up, one will instantly spawn again underneath it.
I reported the hacker I was trading with, and soon enough, she got banned. (I didn't use TBTF back then.)
One of the friendly hackers came to my towns and got rid of those endless pitfalls.
He gave me a few items, aswell. C:
I think I had screenshots, but I just can't be bothered to send them to my device..

Ahh this is why I only trade with people on this forum with a good wifi rating. It's bad enough that nasty visitors can dig up your hybrids that you spent time and energy breeding.. but to hack in endless pitfalls and rocks? NOPE.

People who hack to do bad things are pathetic??? this is a game about animal villagers, like you're really trying to ruin peoples experience. This game is supposed to be innocent, honestly what is wrong with some people

most of the people who use hacks like this are probably pretty young and immature, the best thing to do in these situations would be to cut off the connection. I've never experienced anything like this though - most of the people I know who hack do it for aesthetic reasons :0

Back