• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Code Error: 018-0201

MayorGong

Bells
Pumpkin Cupcake
Green Candy
Red Candy
Yellow Candy
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
Popsicle (TBT Beach Party)
Hello!
Today I was trying to open my gates for a friend after a long time without playing (I just uploaded my 3DS to the last version and also Animal Crossing for the amiibo extension) and I got this code error everytime I try to open my gates: 018 0201, I tried to search about it but I could not find anything :confused:

I tried visiting some dream towns and it worked and the internet conexion works fine but I can't visit any town or go to the island.

Has anyone had this error before?

Thank you in advance!

Last edited:
Make sure that they are not hitting the near town instead of faraway option. It could Also happen if they are opening for best friends only and one of you hasn't added the other.

It could also be really bad connection from one or the other. Like when I try to use my cell phone data to connect.. that happens.

Last edited:
Hi!
I checked and it works for near town but it's still not working for faraway towns.

Last edited:
Try turning it off and on maybe?
The ds as well as the internet switch
Sometimes nothing's wrong and it just the ds acting up.

Last edited:
Try turning it off and on maybe?
The ds as well as the internet switch
Sometimes nothing's wrong and it just the ds acting up.

Yes, I tried this too.
Maybe is as you said, bad connection. I will try tomorrow just in case it gets fixed or something :confused:

that sounds strange, i've never gotten this error code before, when i do get an error code i can just google it and it gives me an explanation but it seems this one doesn't.

I would try to do some these:

-Erase your network connection within the system's settings, reboot system, and set up the connection again in system settings.

-Check if you have any parental restrictions set up on your DS & disable them (in system settings -> parental controls)

-check with your network's firewall from within your network's control panel

Maybe your internet is on "strict" when it needs to be on "moderate"??

- - - Post Merge - - -

That was the case for me, we replaced the WiFi Router and then it worked!

that sounds strange, i've never gotten this error code before, when i do get an error code i can just google it and it gives me an explanation but it seems this one doesn't.

I would try to do some these:

-Erase your network connection within the system's settings, reboot system, and set up the connection again in system settings.

-Check if you have any parental restrictions set up on your DS & disable them (in system settings -> parental controls)

-check with your network's firewall from within your network's control panel

Maybe your internet is on "strict" when it needs to be on "moderate"??

- - - Post Merge - - -

That was the case for me, we replaced the WiFi Router and then it worked!

Hi! I just tried all the steps you said and it's not working, but I think it a router problem since I just tried with my cell phone data and I can open the gates.

At least we know that it is something related with my router and not with the game or DS ^^

Also thank you so much for your help and tips!!

Next time you're somewhere else where your 3DS can be connected to WiFi, it'll pay to give it a go, just to find out if that's the case. I took that opportunity, and it worked for me

Next time you're somewhere else where your 3DS can be connected to WiFi, it'll pay to give it a go, just to find out if that's the case. I took that opportunity, and it worked for me

I will keep that in mind so I can check. Thank you! ^^

Back