• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Landscaping advice

Maddycool

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
I am looking for tips to make my town more beautiful. I really do not have a theme. Any adivce?

Hmm, I personally really like fruit trees, they make the town look cute, also different combinations of flowers/colors do make the town look better :3

The best advice is use a variety of different things, but try and keep one major thing in one area. For example, have an area mostly blue roses, or mostly holly bushes, or mostly perfect fruit trees. It keeps a common idea through the town so it feels consistent, like it all belongs to the same area, which is should. Real life town provide this until usually through style of houses all the same in one area, but this cannot happen in Animal Crossing so using your landscaping to create a certain atmosphere will work well in place. Note that using certain types of plants together will create a certain vibe - for example a large focus of holly bushes and cedar trees creates a very Northern town feel, as those plants are both generally associated with the cold and cold places.

to be honest it depends on your town theme and you! some people like a more zen/minimalist town, so they like to space things out and use more bamboo than trees, but others like woodsy overgrown towns, so to be honest, there isn't really a set answer for this :blush:
if you don't know where to start because you don't have a theme yet, i suggest looking at people's dream addresses- they might give you inspiration for parts of your town :)

Do you have a specific place in your town in mind? For a general aesthetic, you should just try out different themes. Or mix and match styles (contrasting ones can be especially unique) - e.g., something that's forest/city, or east/west (at least what's traditionally east/west). You could also draw inspiration from favourite shows, books, artwork, etc. Or from your own neighbourhood.

perfect fruits, even tree placement, pwp if you're literally trying to get a perfect town, beautiful town ordinance keeps flowers fresh, no weeds, no roaches. umm also 4 leaf clovers are pretty, to me at least! hybrid flowers scattered amongst your town, lil stuff like that!!

here are some tumblr guides about landscaping: x x x
honestly, just do whatever you like with your town and have fun with it! animal crossing is a game all about customization and making a little virtual village your own ^^

Back