• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What is your opinion on this map?

Candy83

Óhana — Representative
Pear 🍐
Mango 🥭
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
5384-7037-2615
August Birthstone (Peridot)
Gold Super Mailbox
The town?s Perfect Fruit are cherries. (I have a preference for cherries or apples.)

IMG_3180.jpg

- i like how retail and the town hall are together
- i don't really like the strip of land by the campground- for me personally, it would feel too thin to put anything interesting there
- i like the strip of land underneath the river- it's nice and has potential for holding a lot of villagers
- i like how the southern beach ramp lines up pretty nicely to the dock
- i also like the plaza stone location (mine is in the same place so i'm biased haha)

The map is okay - the station, plaza, town hall and Re-Tail are all close together which I like, however I feel as if the river comes too low down and doesn't provide a lot of space at the bottom of the map, which could be an issue if you plan to have a lot of public works projects or anything down there. I personally wouldn't go for a map like this as I would feel too cramped down at the bottom part, but it would suit other people just fine if space is not an issue to them.

It's something I would like! It's just that I'm used to a western and uninterrupted beach, but I'd still enjoy this map. I would probably place my house where your character is standing, two or three spaces away from the river at the back. That way you can place a bridge right of house and have a main path leading in front of it.

It's an interesting, more unique layout but not necessarily something I'd pick for myself as you're left with a couple of narrow spots on the map. It's nice that it has a little seperate island but it is quite thin in a couple of places. As stated previously, the dock does line up nicely with the ramp to the beach. The Retail store isn't too long of a trip from the dock also and it is nice that it is close and almost levelled with the town hall.

I agree that where you character is would be a beautiful spot for a home. I think that the map has potential! I'd say it's not bad.

The plaza, retail, and town hall have great spots, only one pond, two big beaches, it looks very nice however the spot where the campground is, is a bit cramped but overall i'd say keep it!

Hmm it's not too bad but I don't like the river and in my experience, narrow strips of land are really hard to landscape (i have something similar in my main town and it was a nightmare to landscape). I also prefer having more than 1 pond. The town hall and retail placed side by side is nice if you're going for a very structured town with solid paths, but I prefer that buildings / villagers in general are spaced out. Looks like you'll have a lot of space for PWPs at the top though.

Good luck with your new town!

I don't like thin strips of land so I wouldn't keep it. It's all subjective though.

I don't really like the river shape and retail in the center of the map, but you have lots of space, that's a pretty nice map!

I've actually had this map twice and here are my personal thoughts on your map:

– I like how there's 1 pond. 3+ is a bit of a stretch.
– No private beach: I feel like I'm the only one who doesn't like these! I prefer to have access to them.
– Bottom right of the map is the perfect place to put a home in my opinion. I always put my home by the river and coast.
– Retail and Town Hall are pretty much in line with each other: this looks good. Good for paths.
– Strip of land on the middle left is cool for paths: you could have some trees and make a pathway.
– Cherries
– You could make a neighbourhood on the bottom bit of your town

– River shape: too bendy. Prefer straighter rivers with a few turns.
– Town tree by the train tracks: I can't tolerate it unless it's away from a cliff wall or away from the train tracks. Much prefer it directly in the middle.
– The river starts near the train tracks: strip of land on the top left isn't a place I'd go often since it's near the tracks—I don't like the tracks as it feel
– Lake in the middle of the river instead of a corner: it looks strange to me

Have fun with your map either way!

It's kinda similar to my second town's map except for the long horizontal strip (mine's like an inverted C on the side). I like that kind of layout, to be honest. If I were you, I'd try to line up the villager houses in that horizontal strip. The tiny strip of land on the left could be made into a campsite or forest-like area. You're gonna have lots of greenery near and around your house. Then I'd probably put the rest of the PWPs on the upper-half. I also like that you only have 1 pond and the plaza isn't getting in the way. The placement of town hall and re-tail are perfect. The only thing that I didn't like is having two beaches instead of one. But it isn't a big deal and just nitpicking.

I think you could make it work. I don't think I'd pick that map. But I might it's ot a fee things going for it.

I like that the buildings and plaza are close to each other, but I prefer diagonal or vertical waterfalls.

It's a pretty sweet map, but personally I struggle with thin strips of land above the river. It's hard to customize.

My only comment as I look at it is: how easy would it be to get around town with only three bridges? I would not like it...but, it's a good thing that the original bridge can be demolished.

Last edited:
UPDATE: After leaving the game on for a few hours, with the 3DS cover shut, I came back to it and opted to not accept the town.

I agree about the bottom part (the south) being an area to line up villagers’ houses. But, I thought the areas for humans’ houses would have felt limited. So, perhaps the next one will do it for me.

Thanks, everyone!

- I dislike how close all of the buildings are. I like maps where they are spread out so I can make more elaborate paths between them or possibly decorate their areas separately.
- I love the winding river with the interesting twists and turns. I think it adds some personality to the town.
- As others have said, the narrow strip of land next to the campsite may be a problem if you are laying paths or want to add decorations to that area. However, if you don't care much for the campsite and building things there, I don't think there will be much of a problem for you.

At the end of the day, you will be playing in this town so I suggest spending a day or two in it and figuring out how you feel about it. Then if it's not a map that you think you could grow to love, delete it and try again. If it is, then good luck and I wish the best with it.

I have nearly the same map, the rivers and the paths to the beach are the same, aside for some size differences.

The area on the bottom right hasn't got alot of room so I left that for trees and flowers but you may fit a pwp or two there unless there's a rock in a bad place.

You may find a villager moving in to the top left on that tiny patch as it looks like enough room for a house.

Back