• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

I don't know how to feel about this...

Would you take this opportunity?

• Heck yeah!

Votes: 21 80.8%
  • No way!

Votes: 5 19.2%

• Total voters

DY14N

A Punchy Enthusiast
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
7390-9442-1665
Lobo
So, I was ordering some things from the RV catalogues for someone. I TT a day ahead, to get the items to arrive, and, a house plot is there. Right next to my house.

Part of me is kinda happy with the placement, because it's my number one favourite villager in Animal Crossing (I adopted him, I'm not lucky enough for this to be a random move in, lol.) And it also goes well with my path and sits in place like I would have wanted it to.

My only issue with this, is that's NOT where I wanted him! I put paths ALL over my town AND made two available spots for him to live, and he's gotten rid of one of my perfect apple trees! (I had 'em all lined up behind the town hall..)

So what do you guys think? Am I lucky to have my favourite villager living 2 steps next to me? I'm curious to see, if you had the opportunity for your fave villager to live almost directly next to you, would you take that opportunity?

If it looks good and it's my favourite villager, that would be a win win for me. I don't care if houses destroy a couple trees or hybrids, as long as I know I can work around villager placements.

Personally I think I'd be really happy
From what I understand, you still have more apple trees, and if he's not in a bad placement I'd keep him
Of course it depens on how close he is, but anyway

I like having my villagers houses spread out, so I wouldn't want them right beside me. All of my characters houses are beside each other though, and I had Greta move right where I was going to put my third character, not even lined up with my paths. Like I said, I like having the variety of them spread out, so my preference wouldn't be them beside me. But if you like it, that's what matters. :)

Having my favourite villager live right next door sounds like a win to me!
The ruining the trees sounds like a small problem though, but as long as you have other trees or can access some more perfect apples somehow, perhaps from a friend or through the Perfect Fruit trade available here, it shouldn't be a problem that could be too diffcult to fix.

Well, I see all of your guys' point on this. I have more trees still lined up, and his house exterior isn't that bad. Its gray, which is similar to my black-and-gray house style, which I think makes it fit in better. I guess I just needa get used to the smol house being planted right next to my huge house, lol.

Also, at least now if I need to find him for whatever reason, he's pretty convinientally placed!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Wait hold on here's a photo of his house punchys-house-exterior.jpg

Yeah, I would just leave it alone in your case. It didn't go bad, and although you didn't intend for them to move beside you; it still worked out well.

Me personally, I wouldn't like it because..I plan on making side gardens and I like personal space around my mansion. 😏

Yeah, I would just leave it alone in your case. It didn't go bad, and although you didn't intend for them to move beside you; it still worked out well.

Me personally, I wouldn't like it because..I plan on making side gardens and I like personal space around my mansion. ��

I have the modern house exterior upgrade so it's kinda funny comparing the two sizes, haha. :p

I would probably keep it. I would be more annoyed if the house was placed in a path or in front of another house. I once had a house placed in front of the entrance to the beach. I kicked out that villager as fast as I could. I have a few villagers right behind my house and it is fun because I usually see them right away when I start playing. It would be cool to see my favorite villager all of the time like that.

As long as it's not in the worst spot ever, considering it's one of your faves you should keep it. Also it's not like anyone visiting your town is gonna know that place wasn't intentional

I would probably keep it. I would be more annoyed if the house was placed in a path or in front of another house. I once had a house placed in front of the entrance to the beach. I kicked out that villager as fast as I could. I have a few villagers right behind my house and it is fun because I usually see them right away when I start playing. It would be cool to see my favorite villager all of the time like that.

Yeah now whenever I load up my game I see Punchy waiting outside, right beside my eyes. He's such a sight for sore eyes in my opinion, haha. I suppose, thinking about it, I got pretty lucky having him move where he did, it could have been much worse!

- - - Post Merge - - -

As long as it's not in the worst spot ever, considering it's one of your faves you should keep it. Also it's not like anyone visiting your town is gonna know that place wasn't intentional

Yeah, it's actually kinda convinient now that I think of it!

I think I would be OK with it and just leave it like that if it was my favorite villager. If it was one that I didn't like, I would be super annoyed, lol.

I think I would be OK with it and just leave it like that if it was my favorite villager. If it was one that I didn't like, I would be super annoyed, lol.

That's what I've decided, too. I mean, it's not Pietro, and that's good enough for me! (Even tho I'd need to do a 16-villager cycle to get Pietro back)

I would keep him if I were you! He's your favourite villager so it seems only fitting he's by your house, plus you mentioned his exterior matches your home which is a bonus!
Also keep in mind that if he's voided and you don't have his card you won't be able to retrieve him again for a while :(! He's an adorable villager too and considering he's your favourite you should definitely take the opportunity!

I know it's a bother when they find ANY spot that isn't covered and seem to conveniently destroy your plans for their house placement (believe me, as a plot planner/resetter I know the pain) But having him is better than not having him and I don't know about you but sometimes working around what you perceive as the flaws in your town is challenging and makes the game entertaining!

I would keep him if I were you! He's your favourite villager so it seems only fitting he's by your house, plus you mentioned his exterior matches your home which is a bonus!
Also keep in mind that if he's voided and you don't have his card you won't be able to retrieve him again for a while :(! He's an adorable villager too and considering he's your favourite you should definitely take the opportunity!

I know it's a bother when they find ANY spot that isn't covered and seem to conveniently destroy your plans for their house placement (believe me, as a plot planner/resetter I know the pain) But having him is better than not having him and I don't know about you but sometimes working around what you perceive as the flaws in your town is challenging and makes the game entertaining!

Yeah! I mean, in all honesty I would have kept him even if I hated the placement (Looking at you two, Maple and Rosie...) And I just wanted someone to help me find a reason to LIKE the placement, which I am now quite fond of!

I would be happy diasppointed. Overall it isnt the worst spot ever plus he is your favorite so having him next to you would mean you get to see him more!

I would be happy diasppointed. Overall it isnt the worst spot ever plus he is your favorite so having him next to you would mean you get to see him more!

Yeah, that's how I thought of it!

Back