• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Uhg Dirt paths again (kind of a rant)

Mayor-of-Bliss

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
I've decided I'm sticking with my dirt paths. It's pretty much the only thing I haven't attempted in my game but WHY DO THEY TAKE SO LONG TO MAKE. It's so annoying.
I spend hours running and uhg it's just ridiculous. There's so little progress.

On a good note I'm finally almost past all the first layer second layer straight up normal grass looking wear. In some areas a path is really starting to break through it almost made me cry for joy. It's silly because I run all the paths the same amount yet some areas look way less done than others. (Some two wide areas even look more done than some one wide areas it makes no sense.)

It takes me a long time to run paths. I run all my paths around X6 times with two players (so X12). Sometimes once or twice with my third and fourth player. It can take a good ten minutes.

Why did dirt paths end up being this messed up to make. It's ridiculous.

I can tell I'm going to love my dirt paths when done (in five years if it ever happens -_-) but seriously Nintendo. Give me grass wear shoes.

Oh that's so weird because I have polar opposite feelings about grass wear. I noticed my grass was wearing down fast, and then I decided to strictly put down temporary pattern paths so I don't end up obliterating all my greenery. I only play about 2-4 hours a day or so (no running either).

You just have strong-willed grass. 😄

maybe the game senses your goals and decides to make it harder to achieve just to mess with you. either that or it's probably the way you perceive it. you pick. :p

It seems grass wares down only for people who don't want them :'D I feel this way in my 2nd town where I'm using custom design paths and minimal dirt pathed areas. It's only been 16 days since I started that town and I ALREADY see grassware in areas where I take "short cuts". It's really annoying because I remember how long it took for grass to deteriorate on my actual paths in Tinytree. I swear the game knows sometimes.

Last edited:
Howwwwww. How do you all have grass wear with not wanting it. Whyyyyyyyy. I never run in my town and I had paths for awhile maybe it's hardy grass :( it needs to go away uhg. The game knows it just knows.

In my experience, diagonal paths deteriorate faster than straight paths. Areas near rivers/curves also deteriorate faster. It's annoying but you just have to keep at it I guess lol.

I've been trying to get dirt paths, too. I've seen some gorgeous patterns in other towns, but I can't seem to get them to look right when I do it. *shrugs* I like the natural look, though, so it isn't that terrible. But it does take forever to get rid of the grass. I'm sure that if I wanted a pristine town, I'd have a dirt bowl in no time. A lot of it is in your perception.

Make sure your ordinance isn't on Beautiful Town as that will make it much slower.

Also note that Nintendo probably received a wave of complaints from City Folk as the grass wear was so fast in that game, hence the slower grass wear in NL.

But I'm doing the same thing as you and to be honest it is really slow at first lols, it's noticeably a lot faster if you don't have Beautiful on.

Beware of tt. I jumped forward, then backward one month just to fix the grass at Retail before I made paths. It is strangely very effective. That's strange that some parts are taking longer to disappear. Are there flowers near your path? I find roses seem to help grass grow while carnations tend to leave more dirt areas.

Back