• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Worst Town Fruit?

Choose!

• Total voters
I like pears IRL but in game...they just don't look good. Oranges are probably second as worst fruit for me.

I like the shininess of the perfect oranges, but agree that the shape is a bit off-putting. Far-fetched guess, but I think it could be because the shape defies what we expect of an orange. That means that they are "deformed" and there's something "wrong" about them, which as a concept unfortunately makes people uncomfortable (think of how many people are unsettled by physical disabilities for example)

I don't like pears because they're green and hard to see during spring/summer. Surprised oranges got so many votes I love my perfect orange trees. (Wish I had apples though)

Last edited:
The worst: Oranges.
The best: Cherries.
I actually don't mind the fruit in Animal Crossing. All of the fruit looks nice to me and I'm always happy with whatever native fruit I get. That being said, the the perfect oranges look very bumpy to me and they aren't very pleasing to look at.
Cherries are probably my favorite fruit because of their design. I have no idea why, it just appeals to me.
Honestly, I'm surprised that pears aren't liked. I actually have native pears in my town and I've always thought they had a nice design, so it's been quite an eye opener reading this thread. :D

Last edited:
I knew the "worst" fruit was going to be pears.
It's just my opinion but I have always liked the pears in all the AC games. I like their cheerful green color so that the flowers get more attention. I enjoy them in all seasons except the peak fall colors.

And FYI the "perfect orange" is most likely a Tangelo or Honeybell - a mix between a tangerine and a Pomelo grapefruit.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tangelo
I was never fond of the colors but over time the perfect oranges glisten and are bright and cheerful.
I really hope someone out there likes the oranges!

I completely understand and respect everyone's choices. Apples are quite beautiful in the game - they remind me of Snow White.

But most of the AC world wants everything cute. I imagine you want cotton candy fruit trees, or marshmallow trees. :blush:

Last edited:
Pears. My town had cherries and I'm pretty happy with them!

I voted pears, but really its just cos they blend into the green trees so much.
I like oranges, the town I have with oranges I've really played up to the colours - deep hybrid roses and a rich looking royal blue path system - very pleased with the effect.
Maybe I should try harder with the pears - a green pathway/natural paths - play that aspect up - might work well.

I never really liked pears. They taste so plain irl... >_> And they're the only green fruit on AC. The others are delicious warm colors :p

I just decided to start fresh on my acnl and did a good number of map resets to get a half decent layout (for what I wanted), got to the train station - red - okay that's fine could be worse .. then I saw the pears

I have pears! It makes me so mad because not even the perfect pears are pretty to look at! Especially if you want a town set in cherry blossom season... the pears don't match!! I've been replacing all the pears with peaches though.

I have pears and I just hate them so much. I only stuck with the town because 2 of my dreamies (Moe and Vesta) already lived there. Also, I gotta say, I'm a little surprised people don't like oranges. I love the way they look and the perfect fruits look really cute.

I HATE oranges and i feel like i get them bc i live in florida lol i had to reset such a good map when i restarted bc of oranges.

hate pears
In my town though, but that's made fine by mostly planting the perfect variety (which looks fine) and just having all the other fruits scattered about
Really like the appearance of apples, would've been nice if they ended up in my town

I was gonna put pears bc I don't enjoy the taste irl. But then I remembered that perfect oranges look really weird..

I loathe peaches. I've had them as my native fruit in nearly every save file I started and I can't take it anymore. I just want something different, that's one of the reasons why I reset in the first place.

I love peaches but i dont like cherries tbh but then my town fruit is second most hated luckily i dont have pears but ye.. PEACHES ARE LIKE GOLD WHEN THEY ARE PERFECTTT :eek: :( :) idk random xD

I will have to say pears. The color is kind of gross (no offense) and the perfect version is even worse... To be honest, I don't really like cherries that much either. I am stuck with them, though D:

Back