• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What's your thoughts on Waifu Weddings?

What do you think about Waifu Weddings

• A disgrace to humanity

Votes: 23 33.8%
  • I don't care, let them be

Votes: 22 32.4%
  • I'd love to marry a fictional character

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • It's hilarious

Votes: 15 22.1%
  • I'd want to try it for fun

Votes: 4 5.9%

• Total voters

Irelia

please dont vote for kanye
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Island
Alola
New Horizons Token
Orange Candy
Purple Candy
Green Candy
Yellow Candy
Father's Day Carnation
Father's Day Carnation
So I just came across this and I'm honestly not surprised that this is a real thing-

For those who don't want to watch it, basically this gaming company created Virtual Reality weddings in Japan where grooms can marry anime girls/waifus in a real chapel. It's not an actual wedding but who knows what'll happen in the future lol.

japan's future population is looking really small rn

Last edited:
It's interesting to me, because I have always believed in love coming in a variety of different forms.

Some people never fall in love in with a person at all, and that's okay. They may die without a partner, but that doesn't mean they haven't been in love with life, or a pet, or a favourite book, or a favourite song, or, in this case, a drawing.

I personally wouldn't ever do something like that. I think it's silly, but I don't have an issue with other people doing it. I hope they had a blast!

B you already know what I voted B)
And yeah I'd totally be down to it if I ever got lonely to that point and would feel no shame at all
#nohusbandonolaifu
If they ever were super real, I'd be down to some stuff ( ͡? ͜ʖ ͡?)

Strange as hell.

honeymoon needs that bodypillow yo

I mean weird but if that's what they're into then to each their own...................

Strange as hell.

Yeah... I guess each have their own philia/waifu-ism but yeah I wouldn't want to marry a bunch of pixels. Sure I like some fictional characters but I'd never marry them.

It's very much not the same kind of intimacy and.. well you can't really have a conversation or share things much.

otaku/weeaboo culture Really Needs To Maybe Die A Little

people can like w/e they like but those communities kinda gather ppl who are considered losers (think ur typicsl 4chan-user, overweight, virgin, neet, borderline pedophile, sexist as **** because he's an incel (or alternatively only likes 2d because he's an incel)) and then they wallow in their self pity and complain about the world hahddhgjdksksjd.

also idk i mean if someone's happy marrying an anime character like whatever i dont really care about them personally but it's more about the whole thing in general...., like waifus .... why do people have them in the first place .

Interesting. I do get the love for yo waifu or husbando (or anything inbetween) but I personally wouldn't go that far with it.
but I would marry Tohru for fun
8b9.gif

Last edited:
Interesting. I do get the love for yo waifu or husbando (or anything inbetween) but I personally wouldn't go that far with it.
I mean I would marry Tohru for fun
8b9.gif

Everyday you can go flying and clean stuff super fast lol

Doesn't matter to me. Life's too short not to do what you want. If you wanna marry a virtual woman, then whatever. I don't think those people affect other people to the point that they are a menace to society

well one time i set my FB relationship status to a dating sim character (i made him an acct, posted screens from the game and posted statuses rping as him so i guess thrs not 2 different

like ig doing it for the fun and laughs off it bht if ur like totally serious... well at least its not as messed up as marrying an irl little girl

Last edited:
I wouldn't go so far as to say it's a disgrace to humanity but it is pretty damn weird and if I'm honest, kinda sad.

we can all die now

- - - Post Merge - - -

btw did u hear how much japan's population has actually declined recently tho

Last edited:
Dang I love my waifus but not at mega weeb level where I'd marry them for real... I'm just super gay for cute girls

I wouldn't say a disgrace. It's okay to be attracted to a fictional character like having crushes, you know?

Marrying or being attracted sexually is going way too far lol. Get a real person. That's all.

If it makes the person happy, and it isn't hurting anyone, I say go for it

Back