• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What's your thoughts on Waifu Weddings?

What do you think about Waifu Weddings

• A disgrace to humanity

Votes: 23 33.8%
  • I don't care, let them be

Votes: 22 32.4%
  • I'd love to marry a fictional character

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • It's hilarious

Votes: 15 22.1%
  • I'd want to try it for fun

Votes: 4 5.9%

• Total voters
dunno, its not harming anybody. as long as they distinguish an animu wedding with their waifu from reality, i think it's fine.

as long as they distinguish an animu wedding with their waifu from reality, i think it's fine.

sad or not thing, i don't think they actually do because they're so madly in love with some pixel girl...

If they're not hurting anyone, which they're not, I don't see the issue with it. And I wouldn't say this is otaku or weeabo or anything. If anything, it's a more modern manifestation of objectphilia... which again, I don't see the issue with it is.

In recent years, and for the foreseeable future, the world is messed up. People are getting more depressed, more stressed and more lonely. Which in all, is leading to unhappiness at best. If doing something makes you happy, isn't harming another human (or animal for that matter), then it's not really the business of other people.

We all have our own ways to deal with the world and different definitions of love and happiness.

My, what a watermark!

Anyway, I just think it's silly. No harm done, but if there's any market for this then that's just depressing.

Sent the video in a Facebook chat and this was the response:

FB Chat said:
That's...
That's a little beyond my comprehension.
No doubt. Fortunately, you won't have to resort to such things as you already have dozens of grills.​
Of course.

First of all, I think calling it an disgrace to humanity is a bit heavy. People can like what they want as long as they don't hurt anyone. Just because someone likes something the majority doesn't like or understand doesn't mean it's wrong or bad.

I do however believe that things like this can be bad. Mixing fantasy with reality like this sounds unhealthy if it goes beyond just "for fun". Having a crush on fictional characters isn't problematic. Having a waifu or husbando is fine as long as your able to make the distinction between fantasy and reality. Marrying a fictional character is where that line starts to blur.

I'm struggling a bit trying to find the right words but I hope I got my thoughts across.

I think its odd? I mean i have husbandos yeah but i wouldn't take it to this.
Regardless , its their lifes , so meanwhile its not affecting my life and they are in some way happy , its okay!

Last edited:
Back