• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Do you wish they'd kept more of HHD in the Welcome Amiibo update?

The_Storyteller

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Can I just say, I was super surprised (and super stoked) that Nintendo decided to update AC:NL. The Welcome Amiibo update came during a time where I had just been off Animal Crossing for about four months, and it was just the thing I needed to get me excited for my town again.

In spite of all the negative criticism, I also really enjoyed HHD. It was a totally different vibe to AC:NL, which is really good, in my opinion, because I thought it was practically perfect, and didn't see how they could have possibly made it any better. I think a follow on game to AC:NL would have been lame. But they totally surprised me! Suddenly I could have every villager I'd ever wanted (even if the interactions were minimal), I could control what went into their houses, there was heaps of new furniture and items, you could put a vase in the middle of a table, you didn't have to drag your furniture back and forth, customisation is totally free, you can literally duplicate 50 rare items if you want and it costs you nothing and you're not cheating the game, you (kind of) still get that vibe of creating a town... I could literally go on forever.

It was really disappointing for me going back to AC:NL and not having all those items, and still having to drag my furniture around like a peasant. So when the WA update came out, it was the perfect combination of HHD and AC:NL... almost.

I wish you could still put items in half spaces and choose where villager houses go (seriously, plot resetting is my arch nemesis). HHD was a good change from AC:NL, but I definitely got bored of it way quicker. However, it had some definite advantages! Is there anything else you wish they'd carried over from HHD in the WA update?

I'm kind of a perfectionist, so being able to adjust my furniture to fit snugly where I wanted it and to center items on shelves and tables was a huge deal for me in HHD, and I would be thrilled if they had made it possible in New Leaf. Other than that, I would have loved if they simply added the new furniture items to the game through the Nooklings rather than making them Welcome Amiibo RV exclusives. Those things were limited release and are now quite expensive to buy online, so even though the idea of my favorite HHD furniture existing in NL is exciting, it will be nearly impossible for me to get my hands on the pieces at all.

I really liked HHD when I first got it because of all the new items, placement, villagers, buildings, etc. and I was really glad to see that some of this carried over in the WA update as well. While I'm very grateful for the extra storage space, new items, and new villagers I was also really sad that we didn't have the same half space and rotation capabilities. LIke I'm glad we get to use the same movement style but I thought houses ended up looking so much nicer in WA simply because you could adjust the space that much more. Idk, I guess it's something I'd like to see in the next Animal Crossing game; after getting HHD then going back to New Leaf it was like this awesome new function was being taken away lol. Still, I appreciate the WA update overall and I thought it was well done. :)

I really like both of the two games and play them both. I like that you eventually have access to ALL the furniture/walls/etc. choices in HHD and I wish that you would still be able to have that access in WA without the need for purchased RV's. Like the above poster, I wish that you could get them through Timmy and Tommy. I also wish that we could place anything we want outside in NL like in HHD. I also like the half spaces in HHD. But I don't like that you don't actually have a village that you can wander around in and fish, catch bugs, etc. in HHD. I wish that we could just get a complete combination of the two games.

I was kinda upset that we couldn't put things at the center of the table and hanging things on the ceiling like those fans. :(

Back