• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Losing BTB for editing

SublimeDonut

Deep Sea Prisoner
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
So I just wrote a post so long it's practically an essay. I earned 24 BTB for it. But then I noticed a typo and edited the post to fix it. But when I checked, I lost half the BTB I earned just for fixing one letter in the stupid post. How come?

Yeah, you lose TBT when you edit your posts.

I actually don't really understand why that's the way it is, 'cause I can't think of any instances when editing a post could be a bad thing, but you're not losing your mind.

No you don't. I was confused by this at first but it just deducts the tbt from your original post and add new funds. Earlier I made a post that gave me 1.4TBT but I edited it and added to it so they took off 1.4TBT but gave me 1.5TBT so instead they gave more for adding on to it. Unless you delete something from the post then I guess you lose tbt for making your post shorter.

Last edited:
No you don't. I was confused by this at first but it just deducts the tbt from your original post and add new funds. Earlier I made a post that gave me 1.4TBT but I edited it and added to it so they took off 1.4TBT but gave me 1.5TBT so instead they gave more for adding on to it. Unless you delete something from the post then I guess you lose tbt for making your post shorter.

Thanks. I didn't know about that.

Man, it's more intricate than I thought.

So then I guess if you're going to edit a post, make sure you add a bit of bulk to it while you're at it?

So then I guess if you're going to edit a post, make sure you add a bit of bulk to it while you're at it?
If you want more TBT I guess?

So I just wrote a post so long it's practically an essay. I earned 24 BTB for it. But then I noticed a typo and edited the post to fix it. But when I checked, I lost half the BTB I earned just for fixing one letter in the stupid post. How come?

you only temporarily lost the tbt from your displayed amount, but it should have added back in to your display after you refreshed at some point. you can double check in your transaction log (the log format order can be confusing because it usually lists the tbt earned for original post, then tbt earned for the resulting edited post, and then the tbt deduction where the first post credit is backed out)

RANT- I HATEEE THAT I ADDED A HUGE AMOUNT OF WRITING AND IT COST 5 TBT AND A RECENT POST I DID GAVE ME 8 TBT LUCKILY I DONT STILL HAVE DEPP BC OF COMMENTING LONG THINGS OR RANDOM THINGS ON FORUMS TO GET TBT.

Back