• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Does This Bother You?

How Do You Feel About Paths Like This?

• I Think It's Cute That Way

Votes: 10 21.3%
  • I Don't Even Notice/Care

Votes: 19 40.4%
  • It Bothers Me Too

Votes: 18 38.3%

• Total voters
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Blue Hybrid Violet
Pink Hybrid Lily
Blue Hybrid Pansy
Pink Hybrid Cosmos
Purple Violet
Yellow Lily
Red Rose
Yellow Tulip
White Pansy
Red Pansy
I wanna go ahead and put a quick disclaimer that if your paths look like this i'm not saying your paths suck or are ugly or anything! I like so many paths but this one specific thing just gets on my nerves in my own town.

So, I've been thinking about changing the paths in my main town and while searching for new ones I keep seeing the same thing happening in each path. The corners.

What I mean is, okay see this path?

3Byj5j6.png

Very cute path but the corners (I circled them with red) are diagonal and look like they have a chunk taken out of them since they dont have a corner/middle piece. Then I circled the outside corner piece with blue. Do y'all understand what im saying?? It annoys the crap out of me that it looks like a little chunk is taken out of the path... ;-;

Does it bother you? Or am I just too picky.

there are a Lot of things about paths that bother me, like, it's so much that i don't use them any longer haha. i have dirt paths in my town and because it's a forest town it kinda works.

this would definitely bother me, but im more Bothered by the abrupt endings and all the other issues w the giant grid based pattern system ... i'd be much more ok with patterns on the ground if there were an opacity or transparency tool so you could make it look less wonky and square ;w;

Yeah, the inner corners really irritate me. I found some patterns to fix this for my path, but the stuff in town square, especially Redd's shop, need to stop existing. Because even with the space cleared up, it makes it impossible to do the cornering right.

I'm using a path like this in one of my towns, it has inner corners. (I guess that's what it's called)

c59128ec-c59c-4836-8e8d-958700bb5804.jpg
dc57bbd6-99b6-4cdf-85c4-cfe6920ccf44.jpg

LOL, not at all! I only have one-space unedged paths in my whole town!

I don't mind—I'd honestly rather just have one character and have these corners then have a path that takes up 14 design spaces. But either way I think it looks normal :)

Personally, not really. Like I notice them and well, it bothers me a bit but it's barely noticeable and when I do notice it doesn't bother me /that/ much. I think it's fine. I'm mostly focused just on the design and don't wanna dwell on small details like that

I don't mind too much but I'm not big into paths either. They just look so flat and unnatural most of the time to me. Like, out of place in the town.

Last edited:
Not a big deal to me. What annoys me the most is that the building entrances never get covered and that for a good quality path I need like 9/10 codes and that's the max number my character can hold.

I've given up on paths with borders tbh... It just take so many codes across different characters and it's just so troublesome. .__. I prefer making paths using stone qr codes and clovers nowadays and lining them with bushes.

I never would have noticed unless you pointed it out. I have a love/hate relationship with paths. I love them because they make a town interesting and there are so many amazing paths out there that very talented people have created. I hate them because they don't look natural or blend well into the game. The fact that you can't put them at building entrances also really bothers me. I ended up taking all of mine out not long ago.

It does bother me, but you have to use 4 additional path design slots to fix that. I'm debating on whether its worth it for my second town :T I'm using two different path designs, so I'd need an additional 8 slots which would mean I'd have almost no design space left for outfits between my 3 characters.

My paths are exactly like that in Sundance, lol x)
I decided to let it go~~
In Hangzhou I decided to use a 1 pattern path exactly so this wouldn't happen :)

I don't use paths in my town, but when I see something like that in other towns, it doesn't really bother me. :D

I have a path like that in my town and it drives me crazy. ;u; I mean the path is beautiful and fits with my theme, it's just that the corners bother me so much. xD In my old town I had a path that was like 12-13 patterns because of it, and I definitely do not want that again so I just live with it.

My paths have that, and I don't really care because it really isn't noticeable at all

Yeah I definitely wouldn't have noticed it had it not been pointed out to me, but I can understand being bothered by small things when designing a town ;) Honestly though even knowing you don't want it that way it still looks intentional to me, like you made it that was on purpose. It doesn't bother me in the slightest, and I still think the path looks really nice :)

Back