• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

How superstitious are you?

smallpeach

peach kink 🍑
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
New Leaf Token
Isabelle
Pink Candy
Jack
Green Candy
Yellow Candy
I have a hard time finding people who are as spiritual (in a visual sense, not religiously) as I am, so I thought I'd ask here. I am a full believer of horoscopes, star signs, you name it. It is believed aura reading abilities run in my family, and I'm convinced I've inherited it. Herbal remedies, any senses I can detect, paranormal activity, all that hippie stuff. Not only am I into it for the fun, but reading in between the lines is necessary for me, I have to over analyze things (probably anxiety related?). If you're a skeptic, explain why! I'd love to hear the complete opposite of the spectrum.

I've done my research on the spiritual afterlife, and I believe thoroughly in it. That's really as far as my superstitions go, but if I can believe in that, I can believe in anything.

I'm not superstitious, religious or spiritual. None of that ever clicked with me.

Why do you think birth dates have anything to do with people's personality? I would say it might differ slightly depending on if you were born in summer or winter (because of a different first environment), but not per month and as much as I often see in horoscopes.
Also, if you do think it has to do with the different seasons, is there any difference between the northern and southern hemisphere? The months and star signs are the same, but the seasons are opposite.

I really don't believe in any of these things, but I'm curious in what way you interpret these things to hopefully understand your views better.

Last edited:
Why do you think birth dates have anything to do with people's personality? I would say it might differ slightly depending on if you were born in summer or winter (because of a different first environment), but not per month and as much as I often see in horoscopes.
Also, if you do think it has to do with the different seasons, is there any difference between the northern and southern hemisphere? The months and star signs are the same, but the seasons are opposite.

I really don't believe in any of these things, but I'm curious in what way you interpret these things to hopefully understand your views better.

I personally believe that each horoscope personality type does have variations. People I know under Pisces act COMPLETELY different, but share the typical personality traits, like being a dreamer and being more on the shy side. What I think influences this may be how people's bodies and minds react to different planetary alignments, but that just makes me sound crazy ^^
I used to be skeptical about horoscopes: "how can these generic sounding wannabe fortunes relate to people born in a certain time frame?" I began to resent Capricorn traits, but I only started to fall more under the umbrella.
Or it could all be an effect of being told "if you're in this star sign, this is what you act like", but that couldn't be the case for everyone.
I will say this, if i hadn't seen it for myself, I wouldn't believe it either :)

I'm not very superstitious. People in the past have told me to stop bouncing/shaking my legs as its causes the loss of wealth, but I don't believe in that.
As for horoscopes, while they are an interesting read, I don't believe in it either. They are rather cool when they get things right though! :)

I can't say I believe in any of that save for ghosts and stuff. Also, I'll never touch an Ouija board.

I grew up with certain superstitions because of my parents/their culture. We leave food out for our ancestors because they can feel hunger in the afterlife. A lot of families here will have alters inside their homes for those passed away, especially your grandparents. I'm not very superstitious but i have to respect it, even though some superstitions are just plain silly. An example for a ridiculous superstition: my relatives refuse to take pictures in threes because the middle one will die first lol

I don't think I am intensely superstitious but I know I'm slightly. Like Friday 13th mumbo jumbo? No. My mom says knock on wood, and while I don't believe in it full, I'll still knock.

I enjoy horoscopes but it's not like they outline my destiny either. Though, I'd really like someone to read my palm. My grandmother would look at my heart line or see if I'd make a lot of money.

It's fascinating to me.

I'm pretty spiritual, I believe in auras and spirits and everything like that. I believe in signs from the universe so I always over analyze everything as well.

I want to believe in things like ghosts and horoscopes. I think it'd be pretty cool if they were true, but my more logical side won't let me believe :'<

maybe more than the average person I guess, like I have no problem believing ghost stories and things like that. I enjoy various superstitions even when I don't totally believe in them, life is more interesting for me that way.

Only very slightly. There's the common ones like walking under a ladder and opening an umbrella inside gives you bad luck that I try to avoid out of habit.

I like reading horoscopes, and love reading about horoscopes and their traits and relating it to myself, but once again I don't necessarily believe in them. I'm intrigued by ghosts/spirits etc., but yeah still don't believe in them.

I'm skeptic about most things, but if someone were to prove me wrong with factual information I'd change my stance.

I have a hard time finding people who are as spiritual (in a visual sense, not religiously) as I am, so I thought I'd ask here. I am a full believer of horoscopes, star signs, you name it. It is believed aura reading abilities run in my family, and I'm convinced I've inherited it. Herbal remedies, any senses I can detect, paranormal activity, all that hippie stuff. Not only am I into it for the fun, but reading in between the lines is necessary for me, I have to over analyze things (probably anxiety related?). If you're a skeptic, explain why! I'd love to hear the complete opposite of the spectrum.

I am more skeptical of things, because I do believe in the supernatural but I also don't want to believe everything I hear. Too much in this world has the possibility to be complete bull****. If I see it happening, whether it be in real life or on a screen, then there is the possibility that it's real. But I also leave myself open to discussion, so I can see all sides of the argument. It's not bad to believe in one way or the other, but I feel it's better to just question things even if you don't understand it.

Basically, I love discussing supernatural stuff and seeing others' theories on them. Even if I don't fully believe in it, I still find it interesting enough to give my attention for a brief moment. Plus, keeping my mind open allows me to seemore than is just right in front of me.

I believe there are lots of things our human-limited sense-limited underused brains can't detect, or at least not fully. By which I mean what people might refer to as "auras" or "energies" or whatever. I don't think a birthdate alone can determine everything, as I'm not a big believer in any objective existence of time. But, hey, if birds can detect colours not within human perception, or dogs sounds, etc., then who's to say other "forces" don't exist?

Back